UC And LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC And LCWRA

Options
Cookiepatch
Cookiepatch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi hope someone can answer a simple question. 

We have just received a letter today stating that my partner is entitled to LCWRA. I know there is a extra payment. 

I work full-time and we get UC top up on wages as my partner is registered disabled.  

Will we get this extra payment? 
Also I see if could be back dated if so is it backtaed to 3 months after you submitted your first sickline?

All help appreciated 

Thank you ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The LCWRA element is an additional £341.92/month. It should be included in the calculation of the UC award from the fourth month after your partner reported their health condition to UC. If it has taken longer than this to make the decision DWP should recalculate your earlier payments and pay any arrears due.

If this hasn't been included already the calculations should now include a Work Allowance which is an amount of your earnings that are ignored before calculating the earnings deduction. The Work Allowance is £292/month if your claim includes help with rent, £512 if it doesn't.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @Cookiepatch and welcome to scope, out of interest you say your husband is "registered" disabled, there hasn't been a register as such for many years now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cookiepatch
    Cookiepatch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:
    The LCWRA element is an additional £341.92/month. It should be included in the calculation of the UC award from the fourth month after your partner reported their health condition to UC. If it has taken longer than this to make the decision DWP should recalculate your earlier payments and pay any arrears due.

If this hasn't been included already the calculations should now include a Work Allowance which is an amount of your earnings that are ignored before calculating the earnings deduction. The Work Allowance is £292/month if your claim includes help with rent, £512 if it doesn't.
    Thank you for the reply  :) that makes sense 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Check the next payment statement to see that the LCWRA element is included for the month. The arrears will be calculated separately, if you don't get any but you think they are due post a journal note in the payments section asking about them.

incidentally when DWP recalculate earlier payments they will most likely overwrite the earlier versions of the statements so you may want to print them or do screen captures of them before this happens just in case you want to be able to compare them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.