Applied for a job at a Pet Store in Rotherham, would I be able to apply for Transport to get there? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applied for a job at a Pet Store in Rotherham, would I be able to apply for Transport to get there?

2»

Comments

1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I have a Zoom meeting with my Job Coach tomorrow at 12 PM.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good luck with the job coach appointment @MrAllen1976. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Well I just had an email from Pets and Hooves in Rotherham, they are not progressing my application to the next stage, probably because like a fool I declared my disability! Equal opps my foot, they say that because they have to, they don't mean it.

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Well I just had an email from Pets and Hooves in Rotherham, they are not progressing my application to the next stage, probably because like a fool I declared my disability! Equal opps my foot, they say that because they have to, they don't mean it.

Any self respecting business would never discriminate like that. 

If they did, it’s very hard to prove. 

Where did you declare your disability? Thought you said you uploaded a CV and cover letter? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 I have applied for a few jobs  but most of the time it's because there are lots of other people applying 

Its good that they tell you that you  haven't got the job they aren't ignoring you 

Its  hard for anyone  to get a job  these days  you will get one you just have to keep applying 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 i'm afraid that getting a job isn't easy for most people at the moment, I think I've said before that some vacancies are being chased by 200 applicants or more, especially those advertised on websites.
    The best advice anyone can offer you is just keep trying, some of the larger retailers are usually pretty good when it comes to employing disabled people.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    I also can't help the fact that 100% of my customer facing retail experience is in Charity shops, they're the only place that will take on anyone with a pulse of working age even if they're disabled.

I've applied to Tesco about 5 times and ASDA twice, under the "guaranteed interview for disabled applicants" scheme but they keep saying I don't meet the criteria.

Annoying because I literally live round the corner from the local Tesco so I could walk to work plus I'm in there a lot anyway doing my weekly shopping so most of the Checkout staff know me.

Brightness