PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Options
loubie2102
loubie2102 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys! 

I received my assessment for pip letter.... the lady who did my report put everything down correctly! ... I was in shock as I’ve heard a lot of bad reviews with regards to this!
she basically gave me 8 points for daily living and 8 for mobility.... 
would this mean I would get pip or can my decision still be denied. 
Thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessor is not the Decision Maker. The Decision Maker is not bound to follow the assessment report but usually they do (even when they shouldn’t). If you are awarded 8 points in both categories you will get a Standard Rate award for both components.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • loubie2102
    Options
    If they don’t follow the assessment person and follow the reviews.... then what’s the point they should do it them selfs lol? .... just wondering if they mainly follow the report. Or do they make there own report. Also I sent all my documentation you name it lol! I was very much sending a large package ....
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The fact is that they usually do follow the report BUT not always, for other peoples benefit its worth noting that sending too much evidence isn't always the best thing as they rarely if ever read all of it.
    But @loubie2102 fingers crossed you've got a decent award.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    .... just wondering if they mainly follow the report. 
    As per my previous reply
    calcotti said: The Decision Maker is not bound to follow the assessment report but usually they do ..

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • loubie2102
    Options
    I know this it’s just asking do they mostly take into account or do there own assessment 
  • loubie2102
    Options
    Thanks Mike  just thinking then. I’ve been waiting since Oct from the start then to now for a decision. It agreed then how long till I get my money? X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.