When a DWP benefit payment is described as "issued" does that mean it's actually been sent? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When a DWP benefit payment is described as "issued" does that mean it's actually been sent?

ThankGod
ThankGod Community member Posts: 26 Connected

I am due a payment of PIP arrears that the DWP say was "issued" on Tuesday  of this week.  Yet the payment has not arrived in my bank and a BACs payment should only take 2 working days?  I called DWP to check up on it and they said my payment will reach me on Tuesday 16th Feb, even though it was issued on Tuesday 9th Feb.  Eh?  The DWP guy then said that his screen shows the payment will arrive on Monday 15th Feb.  I am with a normal high street bank that processes payments in the normal way. Sooooo confused!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I'm not too sure but it may need authorising or releasing first from their end I would just wait till the date they gave you and if you haven't had it by then give them a call 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I answered the exact same thread you made on another forum. 

It takes 3-5 working days to reach your account. 

The 5 working days from Tuesday takes you to Tuesday 16th, therefore it can go in anytime until then. 

It won’t be classed as late until after the 16th. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.