How long can it take to receive a form to fill in for the health assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long can it take to receive a form to fill in for the health assessment?

Melin
Melin Community member Posts: 77 Connected
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi need some advice please l have started to receive universal credit since december l have put my claim in November and submitted sick note from the first date  but l still have not recieved a form to fill in for the health assessment is it normal it to take this long? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You need to make sure your work coach has referred you for a work capability assessment they should do after being sick for over 28 days but they are not always very prompt at doing this 

You wont get any forms till this is done also bear in mind backlogs and current situation with reduced staff and home working 

Be aware this process can take several months for completion 
  • Melin
    Hi thankyou for your comment my work coach did tell me that she is referring me to the work capacity assesment but it’s been a month since then. 
  • janer1967
    As I said it can take a while if you have been referred you will get the forms 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's not always a very quick process and can often take several months, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Melin
    Hi still waiting for my u50 form to fill in l told my work coach about it and she told me to wait for another month and we will chase it up but still nothing where can l call and get information because the post in my area is really bad at the moment l would like to know if they have sent the form or not ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Melin

Have you spoken with your work coach again about it?

Unfortunately the pandemic, combined with the current weather, aren't making postage times super reliable right now.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If you want to ring you would have to call the helpline https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/contact-universal-credit
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Melin
    Hi hope everyone is well have received and sent of my u50 form but how do l know if they have received it l did send it special delivery but have not got a text or anything saying they have received it
  • janer1967
    Hi there 

You dont always get a text to say they have it 

It may take a while before you hear anything as they will pass it to assessment providers to arrange the assessment 

Maybe put a message in your UC journal 8r gucd them a call 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.