Adult Social Care issues - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult Social Care issues

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I didn’t think the commissioner of adult social care was a person? 

My understanding is an organisation is a commissioner of adult social care. E.g the local authority commissions the adult social care for their area. 

The role of “commissioner of adult social care” doesn’t exist does it? 
  • Jamesd49
    Jamesd49 Posts: 132 Connected
    @Jamesd49 I typed in commissioner of adult  services England and it came up its in the same place as the children's  commisioner 

Well nothing comes up for me, I think you mean the ombudsman. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • Lisatho11987777
    There are two on that page for ,England  I csnt fo them as threads sorry 

A solicitor will only write a letter which sicial services will write back snd day which they won't help 
  • MarkM88
    Yeah that top link is mainly about commissioning care, which basically means, providing care. 

In this case the OP care would be provided by the local authority and therefore as already explained would need to go through the local authorities complaints procedure and then to the ombudsman, that's how it works in England. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    There is also swe  with is social work England  they have an Email  or written complaint system all  iof these are online  Google/Google chrome ?
  • MarkM88
    https://www.socialworkengland.org.uk/about/contact-us/

If you mean this, then they have nothing to do with the complaints system in relation to the local authority. As many have already stated, if you are unhappy with a local authorities complaints outcome, you go to the ombudsman. 
  • Jamesd49
    Thanks for the info @MarkN88

So the best thing to do is try the council again and if not the ombudsman, 
  • MarkM88
    Jamesd49 said:
    Thanks for the info @MarkN88

So the best thing to do is try the council again and if not the ombudsman, 
    Yes and keep a copy of everything you send, because if you get no reply, then you can simply tell the ombudsman you sent xyz and received no response. 
  • Jamesd49
    Does anybody else have any advice? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Jamesd49 the easiest way is to report to SWE  which is the governing body  which myself and my brother Emailed and wrote to when my mum had problems 

They are the highest  you can go we want straight to them 

Social  Work England  its on Google 

• Jamesd49
    @Jamesd49 the easiest way is to report to SWE  which is the governing body  which myself and my brother Emailed and wrote to when my mum had problems 

I don't believe this information is correct, it seems to be the council then the ombudsman 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Jamesd49 that's fine but that's what I did and still do for the Welsh equivalent of the governing body 

Hope you get something sorted 
  • MarkM88
    Jamesd49 said:

I don't believe this information is correct, it seems to be the council then the ombudsman 
    Use the citizens advice link above it’s the most up to date your likely to find. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Jamesd49 said:
    @Ross_Scope

Thanks for your reply, 

Can a category be made for adult social care issues? As I spent a good 15 mins browsing and I almost didn't post my question, so maybe other people are put off posting, as there seems to be sections for everything else.

hi there

Sorry for taking a couple of days to get back to you. We will certainly take your feedback on board about the category, we wouldn't want anybody feeling put off from posting because they can't find the appropriate category.

We do have a "Parents and Carers" category which somewhat fits the subject, however if you ever aren't sure what category to put your discussion in there's honestly no issue in just picking one you think fits it best, and we will move if it we feel it would work better elsewhere.

As it happens, we are currently reviewing our categories so your suggestion is most timely :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jamesd49
    @Ross_Scope your reply is very unhelpful. 

I am neither a parent or carer, so how would that be helpful? 

Very poor response from you and the scope team @Adrian_Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Like I said, I've been battling the local social services up here in Sheffield since 2018 due to an annoyingly useless care company with an equally useless manager who has the communications skills of a Gnat.

I speak to this manager at the end of each week to get the rota for who's coming the following week, and it usually takes me at least 3 phone calls chasing it up to finally get an email with the rota! I wouldn't mind but she knows they're contractually obligated from the Council to send the rota each week.

• MarkM88
    Like I said, I've been battling the local social services up here in Sheffield since 2018 due to an annoyingly useless care company with an equally useless manager who has the communications skills of a Gnat.

I speak to this manager at the end of each week to get the rota for who's coming the following week, and it usually takes me at least 3 phone calls chasing it up to finally get an email with the rota! I wouldn't mind but she knows they're contractually obligated from the Council to send the rota each week.

If it’s causing so much distress you are entitled to follow the company’s and councils complaints procedures..
  • Lisatho11987777
    @MrAllen1976 due to current conditions its probably hard to see who may come to do your care due to staff shortages and sickness 

In my own experience rotas can be changed quite often as a carer in the community my rota was changed quite often 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Jamesd49 said:
    @Ross_Scope your reply is very unhelpful. 

I am neither a parent or carer, so how would that be helpful? 

Very poor response from you and the scope team @Adrian_Scope
    I appreciate and recognise that @jamesd49 and I'm sorry you consider my response to be unhelpful, you're correct that we don't have a specific category for your issue, and as mentioned previously I will take your feedback on board for if and when we next change any categories.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness