Haru says hello! Animals Assisted Therapy, complimentary! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Haru says hello! Animals Assisted Therapy, complimentary!

RichardLel
RichardLel Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
Can’t sleep, it’s 01:45, am.  Haru young cat, came and visited me, we have 2 rescue cats and 2 rabbits used in the home manage anxiety with autism,. When there is a crisis  out comes the pets. I glad don’t have pet for every anxiety in the home as would be hundreds. I know used to help out with Pets as therapy, Animal assisted Therapy, works every time.

What favourite pet help manage anxiety or ideal pet I wondered!

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RichardLel

Pets certainly are a help in the hardest moments. When I lived with a cat that little guy would always cheer me up if I ever felt down for whatever reason. Maybe the fluffiness, maybe how cute they are, possibly the funny random things they can do. It all helps.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RichardLel
    RichardLel Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    What you attention, sort of cry to get more treats out you and me! Lol. 
    It’s a distraction, all can need that sometimes when some else is happening.

Its reminds me, I play allot of computer games, it’s remind me Fallout 4  and one of the characters that follows you in the game. is a Germans Shepard found at abdnaomed petrol station  and tend stick with right through the game as my virtual pet as would like a dog, but my family pets would go mad. ?

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I love the cat pic @RichardLel! Very cute.

I always wanted a dog when I was younger (and still do!), so my parents bought me Nintendogs on the Nintendo DS :D It was nice to have some furry companions to check-in on every day. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I' getting a dwarf Russian hamster as my new companion.  Unfortunately I have to wait a week to collect her and I'm not sure the police will see this as an essential journey even though ti will help my mental health to have a creature to nurture.  I'm naming her Boudicca after the Warrior Queen, Boo for short.  I may also need to learn a new language
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Learning Russian seems simple enough @coylygirl :D Where will you be collecting her from? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    About 10 miles away on the bus x
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a German shepherd once and it understood English perfectly, well simple words anyway. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness