Friend for my 6yo with CD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Friend for my 6yo with CD

Options
lucymaytreacle
lucymaytreacle Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my 6 year old daughter has cortical dysplasia with a monoplasia of her right leg.  She is desperate to make a friend who wears a splint like she does.  I know it's difficult in the current climate but does anyone know of any resources for disabled kids to meet people like them? We live in Yorkshire. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, my 6 year old daughter has cortical dysplasia with a monoplasia of her right leg.  She is desperate to make a friend who wears a splint like she does.  I know it's difficult in the current climate but does anyone know of any resources for disabled kids to meet people like them? We live in Yorkshire. Thanks in advance. 
    Hello @lucymaytreacle

Welcome to the community, hope you're well.

It's a strange one, you don't often hear of programmes designed to bring disabled children together, those sorts of things are only really aimed at adults, however I imagine they must be out there somewhere.

I'm also in Yorkshire, and when I was trying to find out how I could get involved with the local sight loss community I spoke with my local council, they had a list of all the activities in the area aimed towards  visually impaired people and disabled people.

Might be a place to start.

Also, have you searched Facebook for support groups themed on your child's condition, members in there may also be able to advise :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness