Happy Friday! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy Friday!

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Eyup you lovely lot, I haven't half missed your faces (urrrm or profile pics?) during my days off.

How have you all been and what have you got planned for this weekend?  Let me know so I can live vicariously through you all  :D
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope, I hope you are well.

I had a really bad night, the pain has been overwhelming and got me feeling that life is pointless. I've just taken more painkillers and hope to be able to get up soon. It's my Carer's birthday today so I want us to have a little birthday party for her, with the cake and presents I've got for her. ???
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    @Cher_Scope

I hate to say it but I find the weekend the worst part of any week at the moment, it used to be the other way round, but with lockdown and the year we have all had, that's changed. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope been job searching I have an interview within the next two weeks so waiting for that job starts at end of February  I passed the two assessments and the phone interview 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Oxonlady Sending big virtual hugs your way.  Chronic pain, especially on those bad nights, is just crushing isn't it?  It can bring about a whole host of negative thoughts too which compounds it all :(  Your life is definitely not pointless though and you always bring a smile to my face and no doubt will do to your carers too - what a lovely thought in planning birthday celebrations.  <3  I know you will have probably seen us include these links before, but based on your low mood this morning I wanted to pop them here, just incase you need someone to talk to:
    • The Samaritans who you can call on 116123 or by emailing jo@samaritans.org
    • SHOUT who you can text 'SHOUT' to at 85258 to receive a call from a trained crisis volunteer
    And if those feelings persist, please do speak to your GP about them.  I want you to be as safe and happy as possible.  Fingers crossed the pain calms soon and you can get up and have a nice brew! 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @MarkN88 Aww, you aren't alone in feeling that way.  Many of my friends have said exactly the same - there's no real distinction between weekdays and the weekend so it's all a bit upside down isn't it?  Do you plan on going out for some fresh air or doing a hobby to keep you busy?

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s nice to see you :smiley:

I have a hospital appointment today so I might not be on the forum too much. Then hopefully a nice weekend after that. :) Although I agree there isn’t much distinction between the weekdays and weekends at the moment!!
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    @MarkN88 Aww, you aren't alone in feeling that way.  Many of my friends have said exactly the same - there's no real distinction between weekdays and the weekend so it's all a bit upside down isn't it?  Do you plan on going out for some fresh air or doing a hobby to keep you busy?
    Yeah its really hard for everyone. 

I usually stick to my usual weekend routine which just involves catching up with family over the telephone, cleaning and tidying, netflix and reading some books. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lisathomas50 Ooh very productive, good luck with the interview!! 

@66Mustang Good luck at the hospital :) I hope it goes as smoothly as possible and if you need to chat, you know where we are :)

• 66Mustang
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cher_Scope Hope your well. My daughter is coming this afternoon as she brings my shopping.

She has ordered an afternoon Tea so looking forward to it?
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Cher_Alumni
    @MarkN88 Sounds good, I'll be about the community this weekend if you are bored and fancy a natter :)

@Lou67 Afternoon tea?!  Eeesh, I'm jealous!  We are trying to organise a takeaway one for my mum's upcoming birthday, you just can't go wrong with sarnies, tea and cake can you?  :)

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it’s a takeaway one from a local cafe. Can’t wait lol
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m hoping the weather warms up just a bit and I go out for a short walk this weekend. They promise 16c in my neck of the woods! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,708 Disability Gamechanger
    I always like Fridays, I don't know why, I prefer to do any sorting on a Friday. I'm just enjoying a nice milky coffee before I start tidying around. I agree every day feels same at moment at least weather is improving.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
       And a very happy Friday to you too @Cher_Scope, I have nothing at all planned, since I have been  shielding every day is a Friday. .or a Saturday... you pick  :D
  • Lisatho11987777
    We got floods where I live my steps look like a water fall 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I look forward to weekend as I get to see my bf who works away in the week.  And no shouting at me he is my support bubble so not breaking any rules 

We split up for a few months but now trying again but taking it one step at a time 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Ahh lovely to hear from you all :)  And I'm chuffed to hear your news @janer1967 - taking it slowly is the best way.

• 66Mustang
    I’ve just gotten back from the hospital. Among other things the psychologist recommended something called supported accommodation (I currently live at home) for me to live alone and be more independent but with a little bit of help so I need to look into that. I may be making a thread on this website to get some views on it!

Brightness