Telephone Assessments pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone Assessments pip

Options
wilmacarstart3
wilmacarstart3 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all. Anyone had a telephone assessment for pip? Just wondering what sort of things they ask & how long it takes. Just wondering how I can prove the physical stuff over the phone ?. Also, hoping I'll have enough breath if it's a long call. Tia.

Comments

• ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    My son recently had a telephone assessment and j was present and he had it on loud speaker. They basically asked the same questions as on the pip form. They asked how his condition affected him. For us, it was literally a repeat of what we had already written but that may be different for others. Other information may spring to mind that you may have missed. I didn't realise this but apparently, after a few days you can ring DWP to ask for a.copy of the healthcare professionals report to be sent to you prior to them makeing their decision.
  • wilmacarstart3
    Options
    @ASDIBS Thank you for that. I'm new here & have only just worked stuff out, so apologies for the late response. I've got my telephone assessment on 24th of Feb with Capita, so keeping everything crossed ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wilmacarstart3 welcome to scope, if you kept a copy of the PIP forms its a good idea to go through them a few times to refresh your memory, and/or make a list of points you want to make sure are covered.
    It's thought that in some ways a telephone assessment can be better than a face 2 face one, don't let then rush you and if you don't understand anything ask them to repeat the question, and take your time answering.
    As for how long it takes, that really does vary i've seen people say it only took 20 minutes to one yesterday that took 1 hour and 20 minutes.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Good luck. Hope it goes well ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

As above it is good idea to have copy of your form to remind you 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
  • wilmacarstart3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice & good wishes everyone! I'll let you know how it went  ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.