ESA assessment report very confusing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA assessment report very confusing

Charlieniblett
Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
Hello again,
I received a copy of my partners esa report today, but there are no descriptors or points as I expected. Does anyone know why this would be?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The esa assessment is not the same as a PIP assessment so the report isnt the same format 

Can you work put what the recommendations are from the assessor 
  • Charlieniblett
    edited February 2021
    <Moderator removed photo of letter including personal identifiable information>
  • Charlieniblett
    This was the outcome of the report, I hope you can confirm which if any esa my partner is entitled to from this?!?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Charlieniblett

I've removed your photo as content that shares personal details isn't allowed on the community to protect our members'  safety.  If you could share relevant snippets then we will endeavour to help.  Thank you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    edited February 2021
    Hi 

Sorry its a bit small to read but from what I can see on the top line is that he has been recommended to be awarded LCWRA  so this is good news 

However you need to wait for the decision as this is just assessors report 
  • Charlieniblett
    edited March 2021
    <moderator removed image showing personal identifiable information>
    I hope this is ok?!?
    @janer1967, just have to wait for the assessor to make a decision!!
  • janer1967
    It isnt the assessor that makes the decision it us a decision maker from DWP 

Sorry I am visually impaired so impossible for me to read the letter 
  • Charlieniblett
    Not to worry, I did mean the decision maker!! 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Charlieniblett, hello reading your ESA post it looks as if your husband wiling be in the support group or remain in the support group. I have the same conditions as your husband. I was given PIP low rates but when I was supposed to have an EAS assessment I was place in the support group I assumed because of the evidence given at my PIP assessment three weeks earlier.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hi @Charlieniblett

I've removed the image you shared as your husbands surname was just about visible and we want to protect your identity.  Have you had any update about a decision?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Charlieniblett
    Hiya, yes he’s been put in the support group, just waiting on the pip decision and having a disagreement with UC about when his LCWRA should start ( I believe he should get it straight away and not have to wait until the 4th assessment period as he is already been put in the support group for esa)
    We’ve also had confirmation from the local council that he has the right to a bungalow due to level access needs, so hopefully something becomes available soon.
    Everything is up in the air at the moment and I’m due to return to work next Thursday so hoping we might have a fe more answers by then.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    ...having a disagreement with UC about when his LCWRA should start ( I believe he should get it straight away and not have to wait until the 4th assessment period as he is already been put in the support group for esa)
    If the ESA Support Group started before claiming UC then the LCWRA element should be included from the start of the UC claim. If however the ESA Support Group starts after the start of the UC claim then the three month UC waiting period will be applied. (I am not convinced that that is a correct interpretation of the law but it is how DWP guidance interprets it.)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.