I had to give up work some years ago. I've been made to feel I'm 'letting the side down' — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had to give up work some years ago. I've been made to feel I'm 'letting the side down'

Options
angie1962
angie1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I had to give up work some years ago due to my back letting me down but having always been a glass half full kind of gal, volunteer visiting the elderly. Due to 2 tragic deaths in my family within weeks of each other, I'm sadly been made to feel 'Im letting the side down'. I would never want to hurt anyone intentionally, but feel very hurt that it feels as though I've let my ladies down for grieving!!vfeeling very sad?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @angie1962 :) This is the post I made for you.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had 2 deaths in the family so close together. You absolutely aren't letting anyone down. If you don't mind me asking, in what way have you been made to feel that way? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Welcome to the community @angie1962 :) This is the post I made for you.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had 2 deaths in the family so close together. You absolutely aren't letting anyone down. If you don't mind me asking, in what way have you been made to feel that way? 
    Probably Daily Mail/Telegraph reading trolls who think all disabled people of working age are "workshy slaves to the benefit system", trust me I've heard it all and much MUCH worse!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @angie1962 A warm welcome to the community from me too.  How are you today?  If you could tell us a little bit more about your situation, we'd love to help but I can assure you your worth isn't dependent on your employment status  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angie1962, sorry to hear about your loss.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness