I hope everyone had a good weekend — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I hope everyone had a good weekend

MaskellA82
MaskellA82 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all. I hope you had a good weekend. Very difficult because although my eldest Sister and her two children, my niece and nephew, are in my Mum’s and my bubble, don’t get to see anyone really.  At least as from today, I am back on my daily walk which is good.  Haven’t been out all last week because it was so cold and where I live is very hilly. Watching a really good series on Netflix called How to get away with murder.  It actually is very good but quite in-depth.  It isn’t what it sounds, it is about a lawyer and a law school - highly recommend.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit isolated at the moment @MaskellA82. Are you able to keep in touch with your family, or any friends, remotely? 

It's great that you've been going on daily walks! They can be a real mood lifter. It has been very cold recently though. I've heard that the weather is meant to be milder next week, so hopefully you'll be able to get back out soon. 

Thank you for the recommendation. I know of the show, but I haven't watched it. Are you into murder or lawyer-type shows in general? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Glad you will be getting out this week 

I couldn't get into that programme may give it another try 

Have good week 
  • MaskellA82
    Nice to hear from you. Yes I am able to see a couple of my sisters. I do enjoy The Bill but not usually into lawyers programmes but my Mum watched this one and I am hooked - it is brilliant. Had pancakes this evening although really should have restricted to one as trying to lose some weight. Have a good Evening - we have done the soaps and now watching Holly
  • MaskellA82
    I meant to say Holby
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm glad you're able to see your sisters at least @maskellA82 :) Many people are missing their families at the moment. 

The Bill is a classic! It sounds like you had a good evening, and it's okay to have a little too much to eat on pancake day so don't worry too much :D 

Have you been able to get out for a walk now it's a little bit milder (at least where I am)? 

• MaskellA82
    Hi yes have been walking all week but not today as it was raining quite a bit. Back to walking tomorrow. Do you have any brothers or sisters and have you been able to get out
  • Tori_Scope
    Great, I'm glad you've been able to get out this week @MaskellA82 :) The weather has been a bit drearier for the past couple of days though, I agree. Have you been able to get out today? 

I have 2 brothers, but we all live in different places. I've been trying to get out for little walks when I can, even if it's just 20 minutes at lunch time. I will be going for a socially distanced walk with my friend next week, which I'm really looking forward to. 

Have you watched any more of 'How to get away with murder'? I saw it pop up on Netflix the other day when I was looking for something to watch. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited February 2021
    Not good, I watched some episodes of the Muppet Show on Disney+ yesterday but overall I'm a bit stressed out this weekend, made worse by a letter that's come from the Dept of Health that I've got to go into Shielding because I'm classed as "at risk", I've got Autism and I'm on the cusp of type 2 Diabetes, and I'm almost 45! Consequently because I've had the week from hell for various reasons and this is now something else to worry about, I've blown my top and had a blazing row with me Dad!

And now my carer wants me to look into talking to someone about my problems and anger issues, no! I've had anger management Counselling before and it made absolutely NO difference, on the contrary it actually made things worse!

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm having the weekend from hell if i'm honest and non of it's my fault, to have what I regard as a lifeline taken from me at this difficult time has been beyond belief, I love this forum but I can't believe the action that they have taken against me without any proper description of how I have broken the rules. If caring about the community breaks the rules i'm at a loss.
    I'm utterly at a loss, and in just a few short hours have become sad and depressed.

I have invested a lot of time and effort into being a member of this forum and made many really good friends and i hope i have helped many members but still they won't let me post without moderating my post, smacks of censorship to me.

I don't suppose telling it like it is will get me very far and maybe they won't even pass this post.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I'm going to send you an email in response to the points you raised to avoid deviating the thread.  Please keep an eye on your inbox.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    My weekend is uneventful really. I’ve read a little but I’m not in the mood for reading much at the moment. I also avoid watching daytime tv too so I won’t be doing that until later. Saw a good film last nigh on iPlayer, a simple plan, I’ve seen it before but not for years, good story. Also Friday night I watched a film on tv called the missing, Kate blanchet and Tommy Lee Jones, had a really good baddy in it, I’m sure you know the type. Great story. The book thief was on early yesterday too,  another good film. Oh yes, and very late last night was witness with Harrison Ford and Kelly mcgillis, another good film. 

ps don’t stop posting @woodbine! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have just stayed in watching the TV and on the forum we have alot of floods in wales 

Its pretty bad here I may have to go out and help as I have a four wheel drive  I am on stand by 

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Not good, I watched some episodes of the Muppet Show on Disney+ yesterday but overall I'm a bit stressed out this weekend, made worse by a letter that's come from the Dept of Health that I've got to go into Shielding because I'm classed as "at risk", I've got Autism and I'm on the cusp of type 2 Diabetes, and I'm almost 45! Consequently because I've had the week from hell for various reasons and this is now something else to worry about, I've blown my top and had a blazing row with me Dad!

And now my carer wants me to look into talking to someone about my problems and anger issues, no! I've had anger management Counselling before and it made absolutely NO difference, on the contrary it actually made things worse!

Do you think there is anything that would help with your anger issues @MrA@MrAllen1976 ?

I ask as the parent/ carer of an adult son who has anger issues and it can be very stressful coping with outbursts ...
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    God I've had a awful one so far my son went missing he's 22 not a child but no-one had any contact from him for three days in the family, so spent most morning ringing each other, we were about to call police and hospitals when suddenly he came on line. To tell us that we were all over reacting and his phone had broke, all pannick over, can chill out now. Kids who would have them.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm pretty sure my answer to how's your weekend is not deviating from the subject, my weekend has been thoroughly ruined.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 doesn't matter how old they are we always worry my eldest son is 38 and I worry lol ? xx
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 I had a right go at him lol as did every one else, think it's just the relief. They are a constant worry ain't they. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 you worry from the day you find out your pregnant lol

Parents should get medals lol x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    About 12 years ago I applied for the first time to SYP Special Constabulary because based on watching The Bill I wanted to be a Cop but I knew that due to being disabled I wouldn't pass the physical to be a regular so I applied to the volunteer Force, didn't get in obviously, nearly did, but I failed the interview on the third attempt in August 2011 :(

I'd apply again but after attempt 3 I kind of promised my Parents I wouldn't try attempt 4, and to be honest even if I got in getting to Dearne Valley every weekend for the 4 month training would've been a complete logistics nightmare and then Id've had to work shifts round my carers.

Brightness