Backdated pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated pip

Options
Krissy71
Krissy71 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello I have been awarded pip from 11/09/20, with enhanced mobility and enhanced daily living, do I get my first payment from the 11th or is it paid in arrears, can anyone here work out my backpay for me please thank you kindly 

Comments

• Pagan_Sorceress
    Pagan_Sorceress Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi Krissy71,
    if I am correct you will get paid from the date you first applied for PIP and if my math is also correct the amount should be 1,816.80 as of February 2021.
    I hope this may be the answer you were looking for and I hope it helps you.

• Krissy71
    Options
    That doesn't seem right as I assumed it was 605 a month and my claim starts on 11 Sept 20 20 sorry this is confusing 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If its 605.00 then times that by five 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Krissy71 said:
    That doesn't seem right as I assumed it was 605 a month and my claim starts on 11 Sept 20 20 sorry this is confusing 
    PIP is paid every 4 weeks, not by the calendar month, if you were unaware.  It is paid in arrears.

I agree the maths seems wrong from the other post though, I work it out as 5 payment days by next week.  So roughly £3,000.  You will get a letter stating exactly how much backpay you're owed though.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If you really want to know and haven't received the letter or a payment yet, give them a call and ask if they can tell you how much the payment is for that they have issued / or will be issuing and they should be able to help. 

I know when my mum rang for her decision they were more than happy to give her the exact figure over the telephone. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    11th September to 19th February is 23 weeks at £151.40/week = £3,482.20. The actual payment you receive will depend on where they have drawn the line between the arrears payment and the start of the four week period for which you will get your first regularly 4 weekly payment of £605.60.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Krissy71
    Options
    Thank you for your advice, they told me a letter went out Thursday how long does it normally take for the payment thank you again 
  • calcotti
    Options
    Krissy71 said:
    Thank you for your advice, they told me a letter went out Thursday how long does it normally take for the payment thank you again 
    The payment will probably arrive before the letter. Have you checked you bank account?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Krissy71
    Options
    Yes but no payment, I'm guessing because of the weekend, would that be my backdated payment as you stated above as I have asked someone on the Facebook group and they told me £1850 would be my backpay sorry for all the questions I'm just so confused 
  • calcotti
    Options
    Krissy71 said:
    Yes but no payment, I'm guessing because of the weekend, would that be my backdated payment as you stated above as I have asked someone on the Facebook group and they told me £1850 would be my backpay sorry for all the questions I'm just so confused 
    As per my earlier post I made it 23 weeks at £151.40/week = £3,482.20 but the actual amount will depend on the date they have drawn the line between the arrears payment and the ongoing payment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.