PIP extension. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP extension.

griff11
griff11 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
My hubby has a current award to April 2025 (awarded from 2018) and received a letter last month saying it's been extended 6 months.    Why has it been extended ?  Surely not due to COVID ?

My daughter also has Pip - 2 year award due to end Feb 2022.  I assume hers not being extended and she will have apply again .  

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP appear to have applied a blanket extension to many PIP awards and lots of people who still have a long time left on their awards have received them. Having said that many people with shorter awards have had extensions and then received renewal packs shortly afterwards. Your hubby may well find that a review takes place more on line with the original end date. I think DWP are simply giving themselves more flexibility and reducing the risk of awards ending before DWP have got around to reviews.

if your daughter doesn't get an extension letter and hasn’t had a renewal pack by the late September it will be prudent to contact DWP  to check what is happening.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.