Does anyone know why the cost of disability cars has more than doubled in the last 3 years? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know why the cost of disability cars has more than doubled in the last 3 years?

Options
knobby
knobby Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2021 in Transport and travel
hi everyone im knobby does any one why disability cars has more doubled in the last 3 years it seems out of reach to me as have to have a 7 seater as have 4 kids and 9 grandghildren any help appreciated

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Do you mean the cost of the cars ? 

They are still covered within the range of your mobility payment not is it the upfront cost you are referring to 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The cost of cars generally is rising much more quickly than the rate of inflation.  Brexit tariffs have also had an impact recently.  Motability have to pass the extra costs on unfortunately.

Not sure what your exact needs are but it's looking like towards £3000 upfront for a 7 seat automatic now.  Do you already have a Motability car?  If so you should get a small bonus amount back if it's still in good condition.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @knobby :) 

Please do have a look at the comments above so that we can give you some additional information. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our Motability, Blue Badges, and disabled motoring category. I've also renamed your post slightly to reflect what I think you were asking.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness