Hi, my name is Lozzie1963! My health is deteriorating, and I'm struggling to get to the shops. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lozzie1963! My health is deteriorating, and I'm struggling to get to the shops.

Options
Lozzie1963
Lozzie1963 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
both both my husband and I are on benifit and disabled my hubby has fast af and copd I suffer from oesteo  arthritis and mild ms although some days are unreal we struggle to get to shops and was overlooked by government doing food parcel help we have struggled between keeping house warm over winter of eating 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry to hear you are struggling I didnt get any food parcels either I dont know if you had to do something to get them 

Have you checked you are getting all benefits you are entitled to try a benefits calculator on gov website or contact welfare rights to help you 

• Lozzie1963
    Lozzie1963 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ll check out the sight you mentioned thank you xx always been independent and never asked for anything until this pandemic has hit so hard and my health has deteriated and my mental health well I won’t go there xx thank you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your welcome we are always around to offer help and support 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Lozzie1963 :) I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling.

Here's a link to a benefits calculator, as Janer1967 suggested. I'd definitely encourage you to see what you might be entitled to. There's no shame in getting some additional financial support. 

Have you looked into getting your food delivered, as you struggle to get to the shops? Have you looked into food banks in your area, for when times get tough? Here's a handy map of food support available near you, if you should need it. 

You can also ring Scope's helpline on 0808 800 3333. They're a lovely team, and they can give you advice on food and finances. 

Have you spoken to your doctors about your deteriorating health? 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your mental health too. There's absolutely no pressure to share anything, but please do feel free to offload here if you need to :) Everyone on the community is here for you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness