What or where will you go or go after lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What or where will you go or go after lockdown

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
So we can all look ahead to a brighter future what is the first thing you will do or go when lockdown is over ? 

I will meet up with family at a restaurant for a nice meal 

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
          I just want to see my grandchildren and hug all 5 of them, I can't believe just how much I have missed them :smile:
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    grandchildren come first in my house it's too quiet i can't wait  o:)
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Just getting back to normal will do for me. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Go and see my children and my mum 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,709 Disability Gamechanger
    Get together family 1st either cook for every one or go out n eat after that I'd like to sit in the coffee shop 
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    I'll have family around they can order what they want  just aswell I haven't got a big family. Got my karaoke in the cupboard and annoy my neighbours  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Hopefully Hull Comic Con in May, and Leeds in June, and York in August.

And then some kind of family Holiday in between.

• Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    Nowhere i only have my partner and kids but they are enough for me i got brought up in fostercare and lost contact with some of my siblings my mum and dad have died so has 1 of my sisters and 2 of my brothers 
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi there, may all your post covid wishes come true folks x

I had some feeling of being let out yesterday. Hadnt even left the house yoet into the garden for flipping ages. Yes.. I'm longing to see family, a river... Some trees... Oh my goodness the sea.... Be with friends and have a right good belly laugh.... 

But yesterday I managed 4 hours in my front garden and it was heaven. It took a lot of sorting to have the family happy, jobs done, weather, pain releif etc etc to all come together and... It's was just lovely. 

Taken us a good 6 years to get our front wheelchair accessible and I have raised planters that I bought after saving last Spring... No garden centres to spend on plants so it took a lot of work filling it. 

And this year I'm getting the full benefit of having a small bit of outsides pace I can make beautiful. 

All I did was go to each plantert rid of dead froth, peel at bulbs and new growth, say hi to the ladybirds, catapillars, spiders and worms... Ooooh and neighbours walked passed and chatted wih them. 

The next few years will surely be the years of never taking these things for granted won't it! ? 
  • mossycow

Me... In heaven..... After a few months of seriously struggling so I'm very thankful. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you managed to get out into the garden @mossycow! That must have been a great feeling. I like the picture.

Hopefully we'll continue not to take the small things like seeing family and friends, or getting out and about a bit, for granted once this is all over! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • mossycow
    Hahaha I also think 'being alone' may take a while to either get used to OR get boring hahah depending on how it's been going at home! 
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    See my folks in Sussex first, then Cornwall Street Fish Bar, Plymouth with my mates Mal and Pete.  Best chippy in Guz!
  • Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    When the mobility shops open I'm going to get a self propelling wheelchair so I can actually start to have some independence and go out on my own!
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    all good ideas, hoping to see my Daughters, haven't seen them properly in months, and just to get out for a bit will be heaven, hopefully theres light at the end of the tunnel with yesterdays announcement
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    There does seem to be light at the end of the tunnel now 

Thanks everyone for sharing your views 

Brightness