Do you mention everything or are some things not worth including? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you mention everything or are some things not worth including?

itspersonal
itspersonal Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I took advice from here to try and do the form in small bits. It is taking a  time so I think I can’t keep help from welfare rights as it will be unreasonable to expect help for so long. 
I have a question I hope here could answer. Do you include everything on the form even if you think it won’t score you points? How do you know what is relevant or important? 

For instance I still can’t smell anything so can’t taste either. Is there any need to mention it? I don’t see it could improve or get an award so do I take time explaining it? 

Things that have an impact don’t seem to always be on the form or relevant even though they impact me very much

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Ad you say things like being able to smell or taste dont really come under the descriptors 

Just mention how you are affected against what is covered under each section and descriptor 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• itspersonal
    itspersonal Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Awww thank you both that’s helpful. I think I’m on the wrong track entirely and not really understood the process or descriptors like I thought.

Looking at that test my husband and I would put that I need supervision when cooking but I don’t think my needs fit the descriptor.

I used to love cooking every meal from scratch but now I’m just too exhausted most days, I cook maybe once or twice a month. On the times I do cook my husband has to stay with me because twice I’ve set off the fire alarm and not realised. I probably should invest in a light-based one but I used to be able to smell something was burning or close to being ready and now I can’t and it takes getting used to. I miss the smell of food cooking

He has to check all the meat before I cook too as I can’t tell when it’s off and he won’t let me make him tea any more after a few times of sour milk, lol. Don’t get me started on seasoning!! He swears I’m trying to poison him ?

Because everything tastes the same I often don’t feel like eating and like there’s no point and can only manage small amounts as it makes me feel sick which is why I’ve lost so much weight. Covid has so much to answer for it’s totally changed my life ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    These are exactly the examples you should be putting down 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.