Tribunal hearing today and I'm so anxious — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal hearing today and I'm so anxious

TEACUPTERRIER
TEACUPTERRIER Community member Posts: 44 Connected
I have my tribunal today at 2.00! A rep from the DWP is going to be there and I'm so nervous I feel sick! This whole business makes you feel like some kind of criminal having to present a defence! Really hope I can get through this with the help I've received here thank you everyone! Will update how it goes. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @TEACUPTERRIER hope all goes well, please do update us later and let us know 
    Fingers crossed
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TEACUPTERRIER
    Thanks woodbine.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you have all your bundle at hand and just answer the questions and put your case forward 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Yes i have prepared everything I need. The original assessment made me look so healthy it was ridiculous and now I have to hear it all again from their rep! Im in full panic mode now! Trying to calm myself just hope judge can see I'm being honest 
  • janer1967
    Are you sure DWP rep will be present as they dont that often 

Also it will be a rep that has probably not had anything to do with your claim before 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Yes they gave me a courtesy call to say a rep would be there to present their case then the judge will take over proceedings. It won't be the assesor or anyone involved in my personal case but still making me anxious
  • janer1967
    It will soon be over 

The judges are usually very nice and put you at ease 

Will be thinking of you 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Thanks. Yes I been reading a lot of positive things about the tribunal. I suffer anxiety so I get worked up easily anyway im feeling like I have a fair chance now. I think my horrible experience with the atos people has got my back up! 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Good to know. Thanks. 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Well tribunal just finished! I will get my decision in a few days. Just glad it's over. The judge, doctor and disability expert were all very nice and thorough! The DWP rep tried some underhanded stuff to muddy the waters but was shot down by the judge! I can honestly say it was much worse in my mind and anyone else facing this should know that yes it is stressful but the tribunal was very professional and nice people. They were patient and made it go smoothly so not as bad as I thought! 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @TEACUPTERRIER bet you're glad that's all over and done with, lets hope you get a positive outcome, don't forget to keep us updated !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for letting us know, and I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be @TEACUPTERRIER :) 

Fingers crossed for the outcome. Try and relax tonight now that it's over!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    Glad it wasnt as bad as expected and fingers crossed for result 

You deserve to treat yourself tonight 
  • TEACUPTERRIER
    Thanks everyone. I couldn't have been as prepared without good advice on here. Please share experiences because they have been invaluable to me no matter what the outcome, and they will help others in this situation. I'm cautiously optimistic as they didn't really dispute anything just asked for more details. The DWP rep tried to muddy things but was bringing up things from my past with the job centre that had nothing to do with pip and was shut down by the judge so that tells me they didn't really have anything to bring me down on so hopefully in a few days I will get good news. But either way i think it went as well as it could. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.