MY 3 YEAR ESA SUPPORT GROUP AWARD IS DUE TO END IN AUG, WILL IT HAVE BEEN EXTENDED? NOT BEEN TOLD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MY 3 YEAR ESA SUPPORT GROUP AWARD IS DUE TO END IN AUG, WILL IT HAVE BEEN EXTENDED? NOT BEEN TOLD

salfordgirl4321
salfordgirl4321 Scope Member Posts: 36 Connected
Could anyone please tell me if my current ESA SUPPORT GROUP AWARD FOR THREE YEARS awarded from August 2018 to August 2021 will have been extended or not due to Covid-19? Or should I be expecting the renewal forms to be sent to me in the post? It’s just I’ve never been informed if the current award has been extended or not. Thanks 

Comments

• salfordgirl4321
    Could anyone please tell me if my current ESA SUPPORT GROUP AWARD FOR THREE YEARS awarded from August 2018 to August 2021 will have been extended or not due to Covid-19? Or should I be expecting the renewal forms to be sent to me in the post? It’s just I’ve never been informed if the current award has been extended or not. Thanks  

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA awards, unlike PIP, do not have fixed end dates. Where have you got the idea it has an end date of August 2021.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • salfordgirl4321
    Wow! Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve been on ESA in the Support group for around 12 years. And around every three years I usually get a letter saying that the current award is due to end and they send the forms for me  to reapply again. Thanks 
  • salfordgirl4321
    I should of mentioned that I also receive PIP and SDP of which both were awarded in February 2020 and due to end in February 2023. Thanks 
  • calcotti
    edited February 2021
    ESA is ongoing until you get a letter advising you that you are being reassessed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • salfordgirl4321
    Have current ESA awards not been extended due to Covid like they did with current PIP awards?
  • calcotti
    Have current ESA awards not been extended due to Covid like they did with current PIP awards?
    There is no need to extend them because they don’t have end dates.
  • salfordgirl4321
    I don’t quite understand the logic of not having an end date, who decides when it is time to make a person reapply again or how is that decision reached?
  • salfordgirl4321
    All I know is that at around every three years I get a letter and forms telling me to reapply again. Seems odd it’s always every three years. I’ve been reassessed 3 times in the last 12 years for ESA so I thought I must be due again
  • calcotti
    I don’t quite understand the logic of not having an end date, who decides when it is time to make a person reapply again or how is that decision reached?
    PIP awards have dates which are stated on the award letters. ESA decisions have suggested review dates on the DWP file which prompts the issue of reassessment letters. These dates are not included on decision letters sent to claimants and the DWP do not have to follow the suggested dates.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.