PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all i have a question.I have my PIP renewal assesment next thurs on 4th march. I have life long disabilitys n my MH has got much worse,i have now started shouting the word daisy all the time.i have 1 lung,my heart is on other side,fractired skull,curviture of spine,slipped disc in lower back n my tendons reattached in ankle.i also cut n burn myself.Do they look at ur previous assesment notes at all cause i have not changed n am worse now. I cant stand for long cause of my back n cannot even get into my bath.Have also cracked a bone on front of foot.Am on ESA for life. Thanks kes xx

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @kes2611 the assessment will go over many of the points on the renewal forms, they are looking to see how your life is impacted by your conditions but it's not about what's wrong with you but how it affects you against the PIP descriptors.
    Make sure you prepare yourself as best you can and make notes of anything you want to get across.
    Hope it goes well, maybe you could let us know?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

They have access to previous claims but will concentrate in new one 

This is why all reviews should be treated as new claim and dont just say nothing has changed.  You need to explain how your condition affects all the descriptors 

Good luck and let us know how it goes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.