Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

lottie2007
lottie2007 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
Hi
i don’t  know if a you can help I have most all my confidence after having a accident at work 18 months a go I can’t go out on my own and anxiety is through the roof 
I’m trying to find out if there is somewhere I can hi an learn to get my balance back and be able to go out on my own 
thank you for your help 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I would suggest you see your gp to find out root cause and maybe get referred to physio 
  • lottie2007
    Hi 
    I’m just frightened to go out on my own because I have this fear in my head I’m going to fall I’ve even started walking with a stick which helps but don’t want to rely on it 

• janer1967
    You can use the stick and just have it with you for confidence and try without it little bit at a time but have it there to steady you if you lose your balance 

Try walking more inside at first 
  • lottie2007
    Yep that is something I definitely can try it said when I get told by people you are not old why you go a stick nobody seems to understand it makes me very sad 
  • janer1967
    I know but it us just their ignorance and you need to ignore them or say well actually I had an accident do you want me to explain 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had comments like that @lottie2007. I can imagine it must be hard, but try not to let that hold you back, and there's no shame in using a stick to help you get around.

I'd definitely recommend speaking to your GP about your mobility, as well as your anxiety. Could you perhaps have a phone appointment with your GP to get your confidence up? Would you feel able to attend an appointment with your GP? Is there anyone that could help you to get there who is in your household or support bubble, for example? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • lottie2007
    Hi 
    doctors are impossible to get phone consultation or appointment I think we all got forgotten 
    my husband an family are brilliant they say it’s hard to see how I am as I’m the one who is usually in charge 
    we going through a lot off changes my husband has been made redundant after 33 yrs at the same job.
    thsnk you for taking the time to answer my question 

Brightness