Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

rye
rye Community member Posts: 6 Courageous
Today I have been sent a letter from ias to say I have a telephone interview next week.
I suffer from many ailments with one being my anxiety disorder which leaves me unable to answer phone and understand or concentrate when people speak to me. 
I'm worried sick and don't know what to do. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear of your distress 

Dif you mention this in your claim 

Can anyone sit with you while you take the call 

Unfortunately all assessments are phone currently so I'm not sure what you can do if you want to continue the claim but cant speak to them 

Could anyone apply yo be your appointee but this is only allowed if you lack the capacity to represent yourself 

I hope other members can think of other suggestions 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Would it be any help if someone was with you for the call?  Friend or relative etc is allowed to be with you, but you'll still need to answer the questions yourself.

There's not really an alternative option unfortunately.  I have the same problem with people & phones and still find it baffling how a disability assessment has to be done by phone or face to face (pre-covid).  It's no different to making a wheelchair user walk up several flights of stairs to a face to face imo.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.