Hi, my name is hjewry! I was working at a nursery, but was bullied for my learning difficulties — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hjewry! I was working at a nursery, but was bullied for my learning difficulties

hjewry
hjewry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi my name is Helen I was working for 7 years at a nursery but I have been bullied for my Learning difficulties and say to my Mum why me and it's bad in a way I can't change who I am  and that it just me . Took long time to get were I am and proud of myself . Please don't be afraid of standing up and saying to them you don't like what they say to you I did and did not like it.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Welcome to the community @hjewry :) How are you today?

I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied at work. No one deserves for that to happen to them. Have you made a formal complaint, or taken any other formal steps to raise your concerns? 

And you should definitely feel proud of where you are today! 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for topics relating to learning difficulties. I've also renamed your post slightly so that it can be found by other members more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry this is happening to you  has it been happening the whole time you have been working there or just recently 

Do you have a union rep  you could speak to accas about it or if you think you could manage it take your employer to tribunal 

If you do take your employer to tribunal you don't have to tell them that your doing this the tribunal will notify them at a time when required 

Have you put a complaint in to your employer to see if this situation can be resolved 

I hope things get better for you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sorry you are being bullied but you said about standing up for yourself and speaking out 

Have you done this at all ? I hope so if not and you want since advice how to do this we are happy to help 

You should be proud if your achievements and dint let people put you down 
  • hjewry
    hjewry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    No not in a union their is one thing I Cannot  complain because the reason was the manager of the was doing the same as the staff was lost all confidence in the company that why not 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @hjewry speak to accas and get some advice you don't have to put up with being bullied or take it to tribunal  

Brightness