Disability discrimination tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability discrimination tribunal

2»

Comments

• debbielkl
    debbielkl Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    I haven’t told them, but this yesterday they emailed me and are starting to play dirty. I’ve spoke to Acas they said I need legal advice really. 
    It’s hard doing this process alone.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I didnt think you had told your emoyer that's why I asked  have you filled in any of your form for tribunal 

Accas can only advise you what to do which they have done phone citizens advice they will be able to help you more ant they will talk you through the form and will help and guide you thorough the process 

I would advise you to do that as soon as possible to get that help and support you need they will also advise you on your application and be able to support you with this 

• debbielkl
    Thank you for that, I’m going to call today. We are then going to decide if to walk away. I’ve not slept in weeks. 
    Thanks all 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @debbielkl that would be an option but talk it through with citizen advice first but I would say msy its best to join a union in any job to protect yourself  hope you get something sorted out and glad I could help in a small way 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It is not necessary to join a union with most employers now if they have good policies and practices in place 

Also if the union is not recognised by the company and only have minority members they have very little say in anything 

The only benefit is they can advise and maybe represent individuals 

You dont need to tell your employers you are going to tribunal they will find that out themselves all it will do by telling them is put up their guard and try and make sure they have everything in place regarding your claims and they will if s big company just pass it all yo their legal team 

I would urge you to get legal advice but that doesn't come cheap and dont be fooled by the no win no fee 

Solicitors will often tell you how much they can win for you and predict huge compensation but this is their way of getting your business 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @debbielkl
    I will no longer comment on this post as there is too much conflicting advice being given to you which cant be helping 

If you want further advice from me them please send me a pm which I will be happy to respond to 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @debbielkl hope you managed to get things sorted out today and got the help you needed 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @debbielkl Have you heard anything more about this? I hope you managed to get some rest, it must be a stressful time for you.

About some of the points raised above: 

• While joining a union can be advised to help with employment tribunals (for more information see this Citizens Advice webpage), it isn’t applicable in every situation.  
    • Likewise, informing your employer of going down the tribunal route isn’t compulsory and could lead to you receiving unwanted pressure so I'd advise to avoid that at this juncture.  
    Good luck with everything and please keep us updated :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • debbielkl
    Hiya, I managed to get the form done and sent. I think they have received it this week because I’ve just heard off them about a new adjustment. I must admit I’m really struggling without a solicitor. ACAS are great but can’t really help me now.
    The email they’ve sent I find discriminating again.... I don’t know if it’s because I’m so emotionally attached to it all. I may have to pay again for someone to read it see what they think. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Have you got a law centre near by that can help? 
  • debbielkl
    Is this somewhere I could get some free advice? 
    I will have a look thanks
    its hard because I only have a couple of days to reply to them.
  • MarkM88
    debbielkl said:
    Is this somewhere I could get some free advice? 
    I will have a look thanks
    its hard because I only have a couple of days to reply to them.
    Well my area has a law centre and it covers areas such as employment issues and they offer free services. 

In google search “law centre” and at the end type your location. 

No guarantee there is one in your area but worth a try. 
  • debbielkl
    I’ve been on the phone for so long.

My ET1 has been submitted I have a strong claim.

should I ask for a subject access request. Just internal emails relating to me? For evidence . Would anyone do this for their own trial?

thanks

again sorry for this long thread, 
  • MarkM88
    Personally if you think it will do you any good, than yes put in a SAR. 

Im no legal expert though, so cant provide legal advice.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @debbielkl what ever evidence you have is good to use it will help your case 

Hopefuly you have a law center that can help you but if not try and speak to cab 

• RSISolutions
    RSISolutions Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
    My advice. Dont try to do this on your own. It's far too stressfull. Get a properly qualifed solicot to hep you through a law centre or if early enough, the citizens advice bureau. Even with a solicitor it's still stressfull. Your house insurance, if you have one, may be able to pay for a solicitor, but often they dont pay the full hourly fee. Then your left with a huge bill. 
    The Equality and Human Right comission might be able to help. Phone: 0808 800 0082

Brightness