Creating an app to support parents of special needs children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Creating an app to support parents of special needs children

Sammy234
Sammy234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hi everyone!

My team and I at the University of Bath are currently in the process of designing an app with the purpose of supporting parents of special needs children.

We have created a survey to help us understand if and what type of support parents of special needs children receive in order to create an effective support system for the parents.

We would really appreciate if anyone who is a parent of a special needs child could fill out this 5 minute survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5_GfqfDxYfYVn5J4Rp1iuRbLnVfsGI8kLpz1_M3tG_xofig/viewform

If you would like to discuss this survey/app with us any further, please leave you email address at the end of the survey or email me at hg706@bath.ac.uk

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    To confirm, this research opportunity has been checked and verified as safe for our community.  Good luck to your team @sammy44 and I hope the app development goes smoothly :)

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    I started this but I'm really sorry to say that the questions are so simplistic as to be virtually useless.  Asking what support parents get from the school or from the "government" indicates that whoever wrote the questionnaire knows very little about how benefits, EHCPs and Children's social care systems etc work.  Meaningful answers to that would be quite long, detailed and in many cases nuanced.  You also don't seem to ask if the support given is adequate, and so on.  Sorry but I needed to be honest. 
  • Sammy234
    Sammy234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Thank you for your feedback, it was really useful! I have changed a few of the questions in the survey to be based more around EHCPs and the quality of these plans or other social services. We are new to this area, so this feedback plus any other feedback you have is very helpful. Thanks again!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.