Esa suspension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa suspension

jarvo40
jarvo40 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi.. I’m in the income based support group and I’ve had my benefit suspended after a compliance telephone call from the dwp..my wife has a leave to remain visa with the ability to work. I went to the job centre to report changes in my circumstances and was told I was down in the system as single because my wife has no recourse to public funds so there was no limit to her earnings but low and behold I was given wrong advice my wife was earning around £450 a month hence the suspension while I send of proof of information they need...I have no problem in paying back money owed ( if not a little frustrated) but what I would like to know is if my wife left her work would that end the suspension and I would just have to repay the monies owed

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    I don’t know the answer but I suspect her leaving her job is not likely to result in lifting of the suspension. I think DWP will want to completely review the case before deciding whether or not you have any ongoing entitlement.

in circumstances like this your ESA maximum entitlement is calculated as if you are single but income and capital of your wife is still taken into account.

is your ESA completely income based or is it a mix of contribution based and income based?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness