I've received £25 from ESA HAS anyone else had this . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've received £25 from ESA HAS anyone else had this .

Options
hass
hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous

Hi all
Hope your all ok?

I've received £25 pounds from ESA  HAS anyone else had this .

Comments

• shell177
    shell177 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Its a cold weather payment
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Options
    I called them as iwas anxious and yes they  comfirmed  its a cold weather payment
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you've had this resolved @hass

The cold weather payment is often paid prior to the arrival of any letter, so you might end up getting confirmation in the post.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options

The cold weather payment is often paid prior to the arrival of any letter, so you might end up getting confirmation in the post.
    I wonder how much the DWP could save by not sending the letters out, because as you say they usually come after the money has been paid, perhaps they could text instead or something similar 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Garza said:

I wonder how much the DWP could save by not sending the letters out, because as you say they usually come after the money has been paid, perhaps they could text instead or something similar 
    Maybe one day they'll arrive in the 21st century and have email as an option :)  Though that would also have an associated cost.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness