Pip renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal

mumbo
mumbo Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Got my renewal forms out in november 2020 got on to my mp who contacted them and it got renewed without assesment but to the inhanced rate  from standard on both .I notice the money never went up in the bank so I just called them and it's not going onto inhanced rate until November 2021 is this right

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Doesn't sound right.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mumbo
    I'm in England 
  • mumbo
    calcotti said:
    Doesn't sound right.
    I'm in England 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That doesn't sound like it is right 

I would call back ask to speak to your decision maker and ask why it isnt being paid till then when the decision has been made 

Have you had written decision  letter ? This should indicate when decision was made 
  • mumbo
    janer1967 said:
    That doesn't sound like it is right 

I would call back ask to speak to your decision maker and ask why it isnt being paid till then when the decision has been made 

Have you had written decision  letter ? This should indicate when decision was made 
    I have a letter bit not to hand at the moment I will get back to you Monday. I thought that it doesn't sound right as the renewal was done in november 2020 .I know the letter does say that they will pay me my old standard rate from November to January then it says you will continue to get your benifit every month .i thought it was going in today but the guy on the phone said 2021 there is also a breakdown of what I get and it's the inhanced rate
  • janer1967
    Have your letter to hand and call them 
  • mumbo
    edited February 2021
    I called today but was out and didn't have the letter with me I will double check it when I het home I'm sure it's an error.the guy on the phone said he had the letter there' as this was done over Christmas I'm sure he's got the date wrong
  • mumbo
    janer1967 said:
    Have your letter to hand and call them 
    Could this be that I had a letter come out before the renewal letter say because of covid it had been extended to October 2021
    Then 3 weeks later the renewal forms arrived .
  • Crumbled72
    Crumbled72 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I have no idea what the heck DWP is doing during this pandemic..
     I got a letter telling me my PIP has been extended to Dec 2023.. the review was earlier in May 2023.

Not sure that was needed, but whatever ??‍♀️
    All you need is L❤️VE ..and oxygen ?
  • janer1967
    @Crumbled72 yes lots of people had same I had one mine wasnt due till 2025 and now extended to 2026 

They are extending so they can concentrate on new claims and those that should have had review 

But just because it has been extended they can review anytime 

Some have had extension then following eerk got review forms 
  • janer1967
    It shouldn't make any difference 

My understanding is that once a new decision is made the award given is paid from then regardless of even previous award was due to end 

In my view how can they assess you at a given time and say you are awarded based on your condition but not pay you accordingly 

You need to call them 
  • Suziwong
    Suziwong Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @janer1967 I got letter in December to say that they are extending my award until December but two days later I got my review form to fill in what I was wondering was even when I send my review form back do I still get pips paid until December as I think my award ended at the end of February so do I still have it until December until I find out what my new claim is I’m enhanced on both so I’m over anxious about the form if I will lose the claim unfortunately I have this thing where I panic regarding things that I don’t even have to panic about just yet but at the minute due to the stress of the review form and filling it in correctly and constant anxiety has pushed me into a flare up of my fibromyalgia and it sucks im in so much pain ?? anyone know what the answer is to me problem appreciate your help Thank you Suzi xx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Suziwong said:
    @janer1967 I got letter in December to say that they are extending my award until December but two days later I got my review form to fill in what I was wondering was even when I send my review form back do I still get pips paid until December 
    As long as you return the form by the required date your existing award will continue until either a new decision is made or December, whichever is sooner.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I put in for a change of circumstances and while my claim was being put onto their system I received an extension to my current award. I had my phone assessment and requested my assessment report and on reading it I set about preparing my MR so when the award notification letter arrived I requested an MR and sent my MR pack recorded delivery second class post 1120 am on Tuesday and the DWP received it the next day Wednesday at 1330 pm.I waited a few days rang DWP to make sure they where in receipt of it and the guy confirmed they had it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @mumbo you say you contacted your MP who got it increased with no assessment?
    I'm not sure how to put this BUT are you sure?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mumbo
    woodbine said:
    @mumbo you say you contacted your MP who got it increased with no assessment?
    I'm not sure how to put this BUT are you sure?
    Like it says yes was pushed without assesment. As for am I sure could you be more specific 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm unsure about an MP getting an award made without an assessment, an assessment at the moment can be made by telephone or paper based.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mumbo
    woodbine said:
    I'm unsure about an MP getting an award made without an assessment, an assessment at the moment can be made by telephone or paper based.
    I came on here for advise not to be called a liar it was handed to a case manager I then got the award letter 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    mumbo said:
    woodbine said:
    I came on here for advise not to be called a liar it was handed to a case manager I then got the award letter 
    Hi @mumbo

Hope you're well. I don't think @woodbine is calling you a liar, more just expressing surprise at the situation as it isn't something that we here of happening much, if at all on here.

I'm glad your MP was able to help you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.