Mobility f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility f

smartgav1
smartgav1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi can someone please help me,I've been on pip since 2014 to 2018 then on my paper review I put no change got paper award till 2021, a few months ago my support worker said I should ask about the mobility part due to the law change,(mental health)so I sent off a letter got a MR saying I've been awarded 10 points e from 14 to 18 then due to a ESA assessment the ds gave me 4points b,but the evedence she used on the ESA assessment is total lies,shall I appeal,also due to my mental health my mother has to come with me when I leave the house as I get lost and I've been taken advantage off in the past plus I can't get public transport as I have bad panic attacks ect,so I'm thinking of appeal one due to the lies in the ESA assessment also do I fit e due to my mother coming out with me and panic attacks when out also I've been very aggressive when out thanks

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @smartgav1

If what they have written about your situation is total lies as you say then you might want to consider appealing.

I hope others will be able to advise about your claim, I just wanted to ask about any support you currently have in place for your mental health?  I'm glad that your mother is so helpful for you and accompanies you outside, but I also hope you are receiving support from the health professionals in your life to manage these things. 

Also, I'm sorry to read you have been taken advantage of in the past when going out alone, I hope whatever happened was dealt with and you have been able to move on from it. Please, if you need any further support or want to talk about these matters you can always email us at community@scope.org.uk, or call our helpline.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You mention both PIP and ESA in your post.  It's worth noting they are different benefits with different criteria and shouldn't directly affect each other.  Can I just check that you meant it was a PIP assessment rather than an ESA assessment?

For 1f on Mobility, you'll need to show that you are unable to follow a familiar route without the help of another person.  So for example, can you go to a corner shop or a post office alone?  You'll also need to show that you don't experience overwhelming psychological distress when you are out with another person otherwise that would be 1e.  

It doesn't seem to make much sense with e & f being that way round, I can only assume it's believed that people unable to go out at all will have lower transport and outside care costs than those that always need assistance to go out.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.