What's your favourite breed of dog? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's your favourite breed of dog?

Bluefro20
Bluefro20 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Mine is cavalier king charles spaniel :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would love a pomskie cross between pomeranian and Huskies 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @Bluefro20 I'm more of a cat person but I like alsations 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't spell it chiwowa lol ?
  • Pricetower
    Pricetower Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have two beagles 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Labradors are cute :) Not a huge dog person myself, but I like my sister's labs
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Im not a dog person. In fact I’m petrified and if one comes near me I panic. This stemmed from when I was younger, a dog jumped on me randomly and ever since I had the fear of dogs. 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I have a shih tzu but when I win the lottery and buy my house by the sea I want a cavapoo, boxer, dalmatian a husky a saluki, frenchy and a pug...and my own private beach to walk them on...lol
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress you can all but dream lol you never know it could happen one day 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Border Collie without question. Lovely intelligent faithful companion. We had ours from a 2 month puppy until she died at the age of 18 years. It was like losing a family member. Still miss her to bits.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Pricetower
    Pricetower Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    0898 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    any dog who needs a bit of love and attention i always get rescue dog's and my darling boxer died last year so im forever searching for a dog who needs a home 
  • jsmith8899
    jsmith8899 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Though I'm allergic to both cats and dogs but like them immensely or no love them immensely haha, do have this love for Husky's since watching a fair number of channels on youtube, some of them have me laughing my head off nearly falling off the chair once for doing so. K'eyush The Stunt Dog (K'ey's facial expressions have me in fits at times amazing boy is K'ey) is one of them and Sherpa (K'ey's best friend haha)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    exdvr said:
    Border Collie without question. Lovely intelligent faithful companion. We had ours from a 2 month puppy until she died at the age of 18 years. It was like losing a family member. Still miss her to bits.
    We have one of those in the house - he belongs to a family member - and I agree he is a great companion. I didn’t want a dog in the house at first, but I have warmed to him. They are very loyal and intelligent but a bit cheeky!!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd love a sausage dog.  I can't walk past one without squealing, they just make me melt.  I don't think it will ever be a reality though as my cats would be less than impressed!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Is it true @Cher_Scope that sausage dogs feet don’t smell? Or haven’t you been that close, ha ha.

just googled it, apparently they smell like Fritos, corn chips?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal :o I've never heard of that one and no, I try not to smell dogs feet as not to concern their owners :D  Well, you learn something new everyday don't you!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    Is it true @Cher_Scope that sausage dogs feet don’t smell? Or haven’t you been that close, ha ha.

just googled it, apparently they smell like Fritos, corn chips?
    So, not porky then? Lol
  • deanna
    deanna Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I have a German Shepherd dog and an English Cocker Spaniel. 

Shouldn't have bought the spaniel, he was skin and bone and reeked of vomit and poop, but I just couldn't leave him there.  He must have been ill treated because he is a bit temperamental, never hurts a person but he definitely rules the roost with my German Shepherd (who is three times the size).  The German Shepherd is calm and even tempered, so by far the better behaved of the two, suprisingly enough.   Very affectionate.  Mind you I was much more careful buying him, saw him in a family environment several times.  The suprising thing the German Shepherd does is bounce like Tigger from Winnie the pooh.  He really does go high.  I think he has springs in his hind legs lol.  My younger son is also autistic and when he's stressed, the dogs are the only thing that will make him relax, laugh and get out of bed.  

Love both of them enormously.  They make me laugh, comfort when sad, They are wonderful.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Patterdale terrier, thank you. 
  • Sad_Scotsman
    Sad_Scotsman Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Staffie or French bulldog

Brightness