Because You're Worth It... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Because You're Worth It...

Cress
Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
So, what are you happy or at least prepared to spend more on?
Frankly if I only bought what I considered I was worthy of I'd be in a cardboard box under a flyover, but that aside, what bit of luxury do you indulge in when possible?

I was recently gifted a silk pillowcase,  they're supposed to be really good for the hair and skin when sleeping ie your face doesn't look like it needs a go over with the iron in the morning and your hair doesn't make you look like an extra from Fraggle Rock.

It was a revelation!
They are so soft, but more importantly for me, they are so cool to sleep on.
I'm always tossing and turning in bed, too hot one minute, freezing the next. But after using this pillow, I've now decided to get some silk sheets and jammies which will cost a small fortune, but worth it to get such a comfortable sleep! (probably slide off the bed lol!)

So, is there anything you buy that the cost makes your eyes water, but you get it anyway, because you're worth it?

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
     I buy the lush bathbombs  and designer sports wear  and perfume  and I love nice pjs if I want it I buy it  

Everyone deserves a bit of luxury  it makes life a bit nicer ? lol 
  • Cress
    I love the idea of bubble baths and bath bombs but anything other then me and a bar of dove in the bath makes me itch like crazy afterwards...maybe I'm just flea ridden lol!
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cress Xmas time dove were doing bath bombs they were realy nice  and  they are like the soap  don't know if they are doing it now I will have a look for you ?
  • Cress
    @Cress Xmas time dove were doing bath bombs they were realy nice  and  they are like the soap  don't know if they are doing it now I will have a look for you ?
    Thanks @lisathomas50 !
    I'll go have a look.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I absolutely love watches and would not think twice about spending more on a watch than on all of the clothes in my wardrobe combined, or even my car, and I love my cars. Before I had a Motability vehicle any one of my watches were worth more than my car.

I will happily wear Matalan clothes and drive an old car so I can buy a nice watch.

I currently own 3 watches. 2 were very generous gifts and one was self bought. One is from a well known watch brand and the other two are from the sub-brand of that well known watch brand - a cheaper version if you like - kind of like what Volkswagen is to Audi.

With that said, I chose wisely watches that would hold their value, and all of my watches are now worth more than they originally cost, so in a way, they haven’t cost anything!
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cress I found the bubble bath  I have used this its nice I couldnt find the bath bombs 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang I paid alot for one of my watches  but I also have a few watches I have about 12 I always have 20 pocket watches which I was collecting 

Trouble is with me I like pretty things 
  • 66Mustang
    @lisathomas50 Hehe nothing wrong with that :)
  • Cress
    Oh that is cool @66Mustang
    Your bit of luxury is a good investment, then!

I once read on a forum about a girl who said she'd happily love on 10p own brand noodles for a month to buy a particular brand of expensive eye cream ! Lol
  • 66Mustang
  • Cress
    Thanks for that @lisathomas50
    I have tried that but prefer to just use a bar of soap, which in the past probably made me a bit of a **** as bars were seen as very unhygienic...but nowadays I'm reducing use of plastic so am now in fact taking care of the planet!
    Yay me!
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cress no worries  my mum likes pears soap used it for years 

But she uses no7 face cream and body lotion lol  ? 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    I try to buy the best things I can afford, there’s an old saying which I have found to be true ‘buy cheap, buy twice.’

(I bought some sheets which were very much like silk but were actually 400 count cotton made in Pakistan, they were reasonably priced but very very smooth)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My indulgence would be boots I love them and doenf quite a bit if I like them . Some see it as a waste as I only need 1 but I donate the other one to a group who do odd shoes for people like me 

I have 20 boots currently ranging from converse  doc Martin,  casual, floral ones and animal print ones 

I dont go out much but when I do always get comments on my footwear 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I love boots  but some are quite heavy and I struggle to walk  so I buy light weight trainers now ?
  • Cress
    @Cress no worries  my mum likes pears soap used it for years 

But she uses no7 face cream and body lotion lol  ? 
    I loved the smell of pears soap. .going to have to get some...
  • Cress
    janer1967 said:
    My indulgence would be boots I love them and doenf quite a bit if I like them . Some see it as a waste as I only need 1 but I donate the other one to a group who do odd shoes for people like me 

I have 20 boots currently ranging from converse  doc Martin,  casual, floral ones and animal print ones 

I dont go out much but when I do always get comments on my footwear 
    For some reason I only ever bought black shoes or boots.. .now the total opposite, the quirkier and more colourful the better!
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    I spend too much on perfume, face creams and Fly boots. Oh and I do have quite an extensive coat collection which I found out recently when clearing old some old wardrobes ......... 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I have used Aramis aftershave for the last 35 years, not cheap but i'm definitely worth it  B)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness