PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had to have an ambulance out earlier as keep having bad panic attacks worrying bout my pip call on thursday.I only have 1 lung so have trouble breathin when i have one.Hope i dont have one on thursday cause dont know what assesor will do. I have them when i get nervous.I know they will stop my pip anyway cause they will think i telling lies.Have put things in place to do somethin to myself when they stop my pip anyway.I have no support or family.Have not had a proper meal for ages n my depression n MH r gettin worse. Cant even wash my bloody hair cause of my bloody back n spend most days in bed n never go out.I just want to give up. Sorry x

Comments

• kes2611
    Options
    If i do not get my pip renewed i may end my life. I am very ill mentally n physically n iam worried assasor will say i putting it on n there nothing wrong with me. I have no family n no suppiort. I can hardly do much with my bad bck n wheeze n cough n my nose runs cause i have mould in my bedroom.I have also started shouting out words but not in a tourettes way.
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    Options
    @kes2611 it be fine on the day the assessor are well trained health professional just make sure you read through the forms day before make key notes and they do give you an opportunity to add anything you want to say towards the end of assessment.  When is your assessment or you had it.
  • kes2611
    Options
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    Options
    @kes2611 you can have a friend to support you but you have to answer the question yourself.  My assessment was 12 days ago I was anxious and nervous like yiou my daughter was with me but it was calm.  Just make sure you take your time answering dont rush and if you dont understand ask them to repeat. I had loads of advice from.scope  which I took in board.  Your not alone njoy your Sunday @kes2611

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kes2611

I'm sorry to read you are worried about your renewal, that's completely understandable. I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kes2611
    Options
    I have my PIP renewal call in thursday.Am so depressed at the moment n my bck v painfull.I spend most days in bed n hardly eat any meals. I keep havin panic attacks n shouting out.I know they will stop my PIP so i mite as well go join my brother. ...
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi @kes2611

That sounds really tough and I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.  The thought of a PIP assessment can be daunting and on top of impairments, particularly challenging.  I know the team emailed you over the weekend to offer support and I wonder if you could give that a little read and get back to me?  I want to keep you safe and will do as much as possible to help you out  <3  You aren't alone I promise.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry you are feeling so low PIP assessments do cause stress and anxiety 

Try and think positive and that you will get a new award 

We are here to help and support you 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kes2611 try and stay positive if you can, you never know your assessment might not be as bad as you think, many people have a positive experience leading to the correct award.
    As above we are here to support you, if you need to talk to someone on the phone who won't judge you in anyway phone the samaritans on free phone   116 123.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kes2611 I've merged your threads together about this topic and am going to email you now to talk more about it.  Please keep a look out in your emails so I can help. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sorry you are feeling this way 

You need to talk to someone get some help 

Did you mention to the ambulance staff your thoughts? 

There are always people to help especially in crisis 

You could delay your assessment till you are feeling more calm a PIP assesment isnt always bad lots people have successful outcomes first time 

You will always read the horror stories rather than the positive on an internet forum 
  • kes2611
    Options
    Dont want to delay it as want it over with n get a decision otherwise will just panic n worry more.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.