Decorating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decorating

Options
VictoriaF
VictoriaF Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hey, I have a question and hope somebody can answer it :)
I have been offered my first council property and my. Move in date is the end of march which gives me hardly any time to be able to save(quite frankly I don't have any means to save as money comes in and goes again) I got diagnosed with epilepsy last year which resulted in me losing my job and my home, managed last year to set universal credit up. My question is is there any type of grant or even low intrest loan that could help me with decorating costs ie carpets and paint
Thanks for reading 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

If the property needs decorating you can sometimes get decorating vouchers from the council if they feel it needs it . Discuss with your housing officer 

There are loans with UC I'm not sure what they are called or circumstances you can get one   talk to your work coach 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi as Jane  sd the council can help with vouchers. They can help with white goods and carpets, most household goods infact.

I moved last year and got some help from my council.

You should phone them and ask about it.

Good luck
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @VictoriaF welcome to scope how are you today? just a quick question are you claiming PIP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• VictoriaF
    Options
    Thank you :) yes am currently receiving pip 
  • VictoriaF
    Options
    I think I will ask my housing officer and see what she says I suppose I can live with white walls will just be carpet and a cooker etc I'll need 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Always worth checking gumtree or freegle its often surprising what people give away, or also local facebook groups
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness