Esa Mandatory reconsideration timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Mandatory reconsideration timescale

elle80
elle80 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the Esa mandatory reconsiderations are taking at the moment? If you have received a reply from a mandatory reconsideration throughout the pandemic when things have obviously been slowed down, how long did it take? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @elle80. Unfortunately there's no official timescale and average wait time can change depending on where in the UK you are. 
    How long have you been waiting? Interestingly, there's some anecdotal evidence that wait times have shortened for some decisions. 
    I hope you're not waiting too much longer. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • elle80
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, thanks for your message, I actually received a letter today to say I'd been placed in the support group, and that I will be sent a separate letter with the details of my revised award. I'm in the North East and its taken 8 weeks from them receiving my letter asking for a mandatory reconsideration to receiving their letter today with an answer, so not all that long in the grand scheme of things. So will just have to wait for the next letter to tell me what's what next. Thanks again for your reply.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @elle80 that's great news and thanks for sharing 

8 weeks I think is about the current average 
  • elle80
    @janer1967 Thankyou, i don't know how long it will be before I start getting any payments, but at least having an answer is one less thing to stress about. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It certainly is one less thing to worry about @elle80, glad you have the answer :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • elle80
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @elle80, hello, I put in for a change of circumstances in September 2020 had my phone assessment early January 2021, received my award notification mid February and having had my assessment report I had my MR ready to send and sent on the 22-02-21 and had my MR PIP awarded enhanced for both daily living and kept enhanced on mobility. I might have been lucky.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.