I had we had we got all information we need — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had we had we got all information we need

sonic1989
sonic1989 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi I had my telephone assessment the 3rd feb I received letter 27th say we have all information we need to decide my claim the letter was dated the 23rd feb how much longer does it normally take I no every case different it’s just all my money has been stopped while decision is going I’m so stressed 

Comments

• Divad1
    Divad1 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    HiSonic1989,i had 2 of those same letters in December and January. Unfortunately for me they didn't award me again and I am going for MR. Hopefully you will get good news soon. I really know how stressful it is I'm going through it now and I feel for anyone going through this. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Its just a standard letter and as you stated yourself the decision to follow can vary for each applicant. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Some decisions are being made quite quickly but depends on workload of DM it has been assigned to 

It's only few days since your letter so could be few weeks yet.  Also lots delays in mail currently 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take upto eight weeks for the DM to make the decision (I assume this is for PIP?), although it can be sooner than that.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sonic1989
    It is for pip I had dla /pip all my life the assessor said my condition won’t change so my claim shouldn’t is this a good thing or do they say this to everyone lol 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You can never tell from what they say as it isnt the assessors decision to make they only make recommendations 

Its fine to the DM but they do in most cases go with the report 
  • sonic1989
    I I know this yes just never had assor say this before thought was strange 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @sonic1989, hello phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter. The decision makers normally go with the recommendations of the assessment report, having the report allows you to prepare for an MR if your award is not what you expected from reading the assessment report and collect, evidence to support your MR should you need to apply for one.
  • sonic1989
    @wilko I’m scared to read report 5 years ago when moving to dla to pip I didn’t request just waited lol 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @sonic1989, yes you can wait be disappointed with your award then want a MR and panic sets in as yo only have a month to submit your MR and if you wait to request your report that over Week or more lost. Having the report allows you to see where and why you where not awarded points for certain activities, descriptors. You’ll have to read the award notification letter or get someone to read it and either jump for joy or or hopefully not start to wonder what went wrong, why wasn’t I awarded ect.
  • sonic1989
    I get you I might pluck up courage a ring tomorrow for it I just hate ringing then anyone feel so anxious when ringing them 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.