PIP assessment report doesn’t reflect the points scored — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment report doesn’t reflect the points scored

PrincessRuby
PrincessRuby Community member Posts: 37 Connected
Hi, 
Sorry it’s me again.
I've received my PIP assessment report and what she’s written doesn’t reflect the scores she’s given me?
Im confused, as what she’s written is correct etc (thankfully) but the descriptors ticked don’t reflect the comments she’s typed? 
Is it worth me doing a MR? 

Comments

• davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Dear PrincessRuby

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties, I wish to share with you that I experienced something similar, the scores didn't reflect what I had said, I would advise that you do apply for an MR first and I would advise that you submit any further medical evidence with the MR, then if it's necessary to go to a TRibunal then you have followed all the internal procedures first, I had to go to TRibunal to finally get awarded my PIP,it was a long process but the positive was that it was backdated, also keep a diary and documentary record of what you've done as potential evidence for a Tribunal 
  • PrincessRuby
    Hi @davegregson40 :smile:

Thank-you for sharing your experience and glad you had a positive outcome. 

I’ve been awarded standard daily living and nothing for mobility. 

What’s confused me as after reading the report, what she’s written she hasn’t ticked the descriptors to coincide with her own words. 

Will wait for the decision letter and start writing my MR too I think. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You need to wait for the decision letter first before doing anything as it is the DM that will make the decision.  They do mainly go with the report 

You can of course start to prepare for a mr in case you need to 

How many points does the assessor recommend? 
  • PrincessRuby
    Hi @janer1967

Hopefully the decision letter will arrive in the next few days as was told over the phone on Monday about the award.

Ive scored 10 for daily living 
    I’ve scored 2 for mobility.

What she’s written though in a couple of the descriptors should have awarded me points but instead scored 0. 
  • janer1967
    Ok it may be worth putting in mr then as you only need 2 more points for enhanced daily living but would need at least 6 more for any mobility 

If they have told you the decision over the phone then yes start preparing your mr I didnt realise the decision had been made as you only said you had your report 
  • PrincessRuby
    Sorry, yes, they told me over the phone the decision letter had been posted the day before and after a few more security questions told me what it said. 
    Is there a “best way” to do the MR or do I just list the different descriptors/points that I feel I should be awarded along with a cover letter type of statement? 
  • janer1967
    Yes that's the best way there is a form you can get to use but you dont have to use it 

There are some posts on here in the PIP section with the link to the form 

Sorry I dont know the link but will tag admin to see if they can find it 

@Ross_Scope do you have the link 

But as you said he through each one you disagree with and explain why giving real examples 

But do all of them you think are wrong as they look at whole award again 
  • PrincessRuby
    edited March 2021
    Thank-you so much, I really do appreciate it! 

Is there a timescale for the MR decision do you know? 
    As I’m really surprised at the speed of my assessment decision, as had that on 18/02 (14 weeks after applying) and the decision letter was posted 28/02. 

Also, do you know if the DM looks at the written report alongside which descriptors are ticked? Sorry if that’s a stupid question!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PrincessRuby

I hope you are well.

You can find information here, a guide of sorts, about carrying out an MR, and here is the MR request form which is there as an optional aid when going through the process.

I hope it goes well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    There are no set timescales for mr decisions again depends on workload some get quick decision since take couple months 

The DM should look at the report including the written parts as well as your claim form and any other evidence provided 
  • PrincessRuby
    @Username_removed
    maybe I’ve misunderstood then, but in the write up part of the report (without obviously putting too much on here) she has stated that I cannot leave the house without my partner etc but on the descriptor has ticked that I can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided? 

I guess I’ve misunderstood and have read it the wrong way maybe? 
  • PrincessRuby
    She’s actually wrote it under the justification heading under the descriptor.
    She has written the repetition what I said in the big part on the 2nd or so page I think it is.
    She’s also missed out a couple of my medications too. 
    She’s stated that because I’m not under a psychiatrist that’s how she’s come to the conclusion.
    Although the evidence I sent in with the original PIP form from the GP states that I cannot leave the house alone. 
  • PrincessRuby
    @Username_removed thank-you for your advice. 
    I’ll put in for a MR and take it from there :smile:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.