Overpayment made to next of kin - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Overpayment made to next of kin

2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Thank you both for your replies Lisa and Mike, however it would be beneficial if this discussion remained focussed on the primary topic of the thread, otherwise I will have to close it.

Discussing the question of who should or shouldn't be posting and advising on the community is not one to be had publicly in this thread, but by all means contact the team.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @Ross_Scope and sorry Mike 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies for the bold part of the message @Username_removed and @lisathomas50, that wasn't intended. You're right Mike, it would be inappropriate and in this case was an innocent mistake on my part which shouldn't have happened. 

I have corrected the message.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    To be fair Mike the dwp trawl most online sites to find fraud claims its always happend we are liveing in that type of world  at least this person has disclosed  any one of us could report someone not just DWP
    I'm really unsure how the DWP would gleam much information about anybody on this or most other forums as we are all anonymous and giving out personal info is not allowed.

Mike we disagree on this one I don't think it has any negatives having a recent ex DWP staff member trying to help, who knows they might be spending their time keeping upto date?

@Ross_Scope I think this thread might have run it's course now?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Mike from my own personal experience they came after the money I did appeal it but I had already paid most of it back they were stopping it out my benefits 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Yes I can see where your comeing from  Mike  
  • woodbine
    I would still disagree, no one knows exactly what benefits I am receiving, no one knows my full name, no one one here knows my address, I don't feel the need to be totally anonymous as I have absolutely nothing to hide. 

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine I definitely got nothing to hide most of my business had been on this forum lol ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Last month Mike it was reported thst some one  had been charged with benefit fraud had been caught  on a video that was posted on Facebook fighting in the street and seen running down the street but was claiming benefits because he was wheel chair bound and was getting pip and  couldn't walk 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    I've heard of lots of cases where face book as been used to catch people out, wether insurance claims or different departments, also police use face book too. I don't personality have anything to hide, they would be bored with mine.
  • woodbine
    Your argument does fall down in places Mike i don't use freegle but am aware it exist same with gumtree, I also dont have a gmail account and my hotdeals account has a totally different user name and no personal details and there are no photos of me on the internet anywhere that i'm aware of ! But i'm not freaked out, although i would be concerned that others might be and that some of what you say may genuinely scare others, me I'll sleep easy tonight.
    During assessments for different benefits I have only ever once been asked if i use a computer my answer was "yes doesn't everybody"
    Anyway as this is one that could go on and on and on i'm off to bed g'night.

• woodbine
    @tomatosoz personally I hope you will reconsider your decision as I think your input would be of value, we have lost our best benefits advisor recently and someone like yourself with recent experience of working for the DWP would be great asset.

Whilst Mike has excellent knowledge of the system and I respect him for that I'm sorry if you felt he was having ago at you.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone, I'm temporarily closing this thread to avoid any escalation over night whilst staff aren't around, and to allow for a review of the thread content.  The team will update the thread when the review is complete.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @mrh2. I was just wondering how you’re getting on? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I agree it is a shame, but as explained last night, if a member requests their post(s) removed, we honour that. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.