Attend the March Madness online festival — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Attend the March Madness online festival

Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge

Are you ready for March Madness?

March Madness is a free to attend music festival taking place this Spring Equinox on the 20th March 2021. The online festival will feature an array of disabled and non-disabled music artists, thought leaders, comedians and poets. 

With self-isolating, shielding measures and the cancellation of festivals, the charity ‘Festival Spirit’ have decided to bring the festival spirit into peoples' homes. The event is free for all to attend and tickets are now available from here.

March Madness logo with the words music comedy and poetry underneath

More about the festival

The first batch of performers and artists have now been confirmed. Acts range from the rapper Kray-Z Legz to the Olympic gold medallist Greg Searle MBE.

On the first day of Spring, March Madness will provide the full festival experience and a little something for everyone. The festival will feature rap music, dance music, rock, classical, comedy, poetry and inspirational talks. There will even be events dubbed 'conversations around the campfire'. These discussions will take advantage of breakout streaming technologies and will be led by artists.

The festival organiser said:

“For the last 10 years our charity Festival Spirit has helped bring people to music festivals who otherwise would not be able to attend. We provide weekend accommodation in a beautiful tent and facilitate people attending by providing hospital profile beds, electric hoists and a range of other special equipment. We even heat the tent to keep us all cosy! People have a great time and make lots of new friends. March Madness was born out of the idea of recreating that special atmosphere, we call the festival spirit, we experience at each festival."

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks Ross.  Ticket booked!  :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Smashing, that's great. Are you a festival goer in normal times?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Smashing, that's great. Are you a festival goer in normal times?
    Sort of...  Music & comedy are two of my main hobbies.  But I can't travel far or cope with crowds or loud noises so have never been to a national festival.  I was starting to get to a few small, local festivals from 2015.  Then my physical health worsened late 2018 which stopped me getting to many in 2019.  Then of course covid happened so I haven't even been able to attempt any since.  Sadly I think it will take a long time to get back to the position I was in back in 2018 now so an online festival sounds like a great idea.

Brightness