Is there an item of clothing you wish you could wear but can’t? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there an item of clothing you wish you could wear but can’t?

Options
yaskeats
yaskeats Community member Posts: 6 Listener
We all get dressed in the morning but I know from personal experience that living with a disability option can be limited or inaccessible!

For me, it's high heels! I feel they are a statement of professionalism, feminism and I love the way they look on my left foot, but my right leg is deformed and so I can't wear them. 

Is there an item of clothing you wish you could wear but can’t?
Why can't you wear it?
Why do you wish you could wear it? 

Comments

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    I wish I could wear shoes with heels. Even though I use a wheelchair and dont walk my feet are flat and I cant fit them in that kind of shoe.  I feel more feminine when I used to wear them in the past. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wish I could ware sandals that go between your toes like flip flops, my feet are that sensitive I can't ware any thing inbetween my toes. 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Definitely heels, the higher, the better.  Stilettos look so elegant and completely transform any outfit.  “If only I had the balance!”  You can compromise, but it’s not the same. Oh well carry on in flatties!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Welshjayne2021 I would fall over in them plus I'm 5ft8 so I would tower lol, they do look nice tho, i can't ware wedges either they make me unstable.

Brightness