Claim ending — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claim ending

Options
fali0599
fali0599 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hey everyone, hope you’re all well. I just received a letter today from DWP saying my PIP ends in June 2021.

They’ve asked me to call their hotline if I still require the help, which I do. Does anyone know the next steps?

Is it the usual call just getting the claim started and what happens next?

thanks everyone 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hu there 

If you won your last award at tribunal then it is treated as a new claim 

They will send out the forms once you have called and then after they have them will be assessment which are over the phone currently 

They will then make decision based on all evidence 

If you need any further advice just ask
  • fali0599
    fali0599 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi @janer1967 thanks for that! I was awarded after a mandatory reconsideration. So does this mean my PIP payments will stop in June until a new award has been decided? So I am looking at a period of months with no payments? I’m guessing it doesn’t work like a normal review 

thanks 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @fali0599, hello and welcome, having been asked to call the DWP hotline did you get the necessary information to continue your claim or start a review, a lot of PIP claimants have had extensions to their PIP award end dates. If you can specify what help or information you require maybe someone will respond with the help you require.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

If it was after mr then it should just be a review not new claim so surprised they want you to call and not just sent out review forms 

Unfortunately if you award ends before review is completed then yes payments will stop but will be backdated if you get new award 

I advise you contact them asap to start the process you may get lucky and have it all completed by june but I wouldn't rely on it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.