Admin error resulted in 2 PIP hearings, will I be asked the same questions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Admin error resulted in 2 PIP hearings, will I be asked the same questions?

08herlilj
08herlilj Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently had a hearing for PIP but due to an administrative error the hearing was titled as universal credit, so I've had to have a new one booked for a PIP hearing. I suffer with anxiety, depression and EDS, but I wasn't asked questions about my joint hypermobility and I'm worried I won't have the chance to talk about it as it is the main reason for my PIP appeal. I wasn't able to shed enough light onto EDS but I scored points on UC/ESA descriptors that are identical to PIP with my answer about anxiety at the initial hearing, and had those points confirmed on my appeal decision letter. Will I also be able to use this as proof for my next tribunal hearing? I've been found unfit for work too. I suffer with panic attacks, joint stiffness, pain and dislocation regularly but I didn't get the chance to talk about this at my hearing. I was also found to be eligible for ESA.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

The pip tribunal will ask questions around the PIP descriptors which are different to UC descriptors 

Make sure you prepare and write down all you want to get across and if they haven't asked the question but you have something to add they will ask at the end if you want to add anything so that is your chance to make sure they have all info 
  • 08herlilj
    Thanks for the reply. I assumed they would just take my answers from the previous appeal hearing despite answering what seemed to be enough for them. I'll keep this in mind, thank you!
  • 08herlilj
    @Username_removed by start from scratch do you mean I'll have to resend all of my evidence documents? Also are they going to ask questions about every descriptor? I have already given them answers to the PIP descriptors in an email but I mentioned that I'd like to talk more in depth about each one. I need prompting/supervision to do almost everything but I'm worried that I won't have the opportunity to mention that. Thanks for the reply also, that takes a bit of weight off my shoulders as the ESA hearing seemed very brief with very few questions about all of the ways I am limited.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think they will even have copies of your other appeal as it is completely different appeal for a completely different benefit 

There would be no point to seperate hearings if they just took answers from other hearing 

Like Mike says you are starting from scratch 
  • 08herlilj
    @janer1967 the problem is the tribunal hearing was a UC hearing, everything up until then was relating to PIP, weirdly but with that said I'll double check with the tribunal. @Username_removed I get you now. Thanks for the response guys!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.