LCWRA Back Date Payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Back Date Payment

Options
liseyhw
liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, just looking for some advice.

I care for my mother on a daily basis, she had to apply for UC when she couldn’t work any longer due to a health condition.

She has received a letter in her Journal 1st March 2021 to say she has been awarded LCWRA, I’ve been caring for her since the start of her claim and helping her financially and really need to recoup some of the funds I’ve been helping with, so really looking to find out if she will be due back pay and when the back pay will be paid and when the extra payment will start?

Started claiming UC: 11th April 2020 (Stated health condition)
First fit note provided: 6th April 2020 (Dated 30th March 2020 - 30th June 2020 and have been continuous since then)
Referred for assessment: 8th August 2020
Telephone assessment: 10th February 2021
Journal Letter Decision of award: 1st March 2021 

Thanks for any help or advice in advance ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA element should be added from the fourth payment date.
    Based on your dates it should be included for the assessment period (AP) covering 11/07/20 to 10/08/20 which was paid on 17/08/20 and for each subsequent AP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • liseyhw
    liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    @calcotti thank you for responding so quickly, really appreciate it ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.