Some of the questions I was asked were odd. Is this normal? Why was my assessment so long? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some of the questions I was asked were odd. Is this normal? Why was my assessment so long?

tonyuka11
tonyuka11 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my PIP telephone award revue assessment over a few days ago i took nearly 1 hour and 50 minutes,which was very tiring I would like to ask  here ! that the questions given to me were very odd like can you put on socks when they know as i explained i need help dressing lower part of body they asked questions like this by mixing it in with other qusestions how do you eat your food  in otherwords changing the questions and mixing it in with how do you dress your top body etc the questions    given to you and mixing it in with another question or questions by the assesor is this normal ?  they seem to chop and change the questions at every turn ?  could you let me know  ? why did the telephone assessment take so long any ideas ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

This is very normal they are just making sure when put under pressure you answer and it matches info on your form 

The length of call is also dependant on how much info they need to gather or cross check 

Dont worry you can ask for copy of your report approx 7 days after your assessment.  It isnt final decision but will show recommendations 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @tonyuka11 - I can only judge by my own assessment but this happened to me.

I can sometimes get confused so I asked if the assessor could ask questions in the order that they were on the initial application as I would find this easier to follow. This did n't happen - possibly as the interviewer seemed to be following prompts on a laptop...

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Has this put your mind at ease a little @tonyuka11? Let us know if you have any further questions.

Please also keep us updated, and remember that you can request your report after 7 days if you wish. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.