My son been bullying in school — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son been bullying in school

Options
youngshallgro
youngshallgro Community member Posts: 2 Courageous
Hi ,
my name is Tina . My son has been bullying in school,three weeks ago and he refused to go to school. He has learned disability and autism. I need help for him to be able to go back to school .Anytime carer dressed him , he get distressed and agitated . He is 21years of age and he love going to school. 
Please I need ideas and tips to get him back to school 
Your replied will really appreciated 
Thanks
Tina lawal
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @youngshallgro welcome to the forum. Have you spoke to the school about how your son feels? Also so they can look into the bullying, Speak to a member of staff at school who knows your child well, and ask for their help. I've got a link you might find helpful.
    https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/education/attendance-problems/parents

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Sandy_123 :) Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sure that must be a difficult situation for both you and your son. I'd second the advice about speaking to your son's school about what's been going on, as they should hopefully be well equipped in dealing with issues of bullying, from both sides. Is there a SENCo you could speak to, or a particular teacher he gets along with or trusts? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • youngshallgro
    youngshallgro Community member Posts: 2 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. All your answers eased my stress of dealing with my son and the school. I have spoken to the school teacher and the curriculum teacher, even one of them sees my son reaction when he saw the two support workers. I have to quickly took my son out of the school environment immediately, because this situation has courses my son sleepless nights for my days. Now they're asking me to bring my son in tomorrow ,l don't know what am going to face . Am looking forward for good or bad tomorrow.
    Many thanks for your concern on me and my son
    Tina Lawal

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @youngshallgro good luck tomorrow, please let us know how you both get on, I'm hoping the school will put extra support in for you both so, fingers crossed.
    @Tori_Scope thankyou
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, I tagged the wrong user @Sandy_123! I meant to say welcome to @youngshallgro, but of course welcome to you too :D 

Hopefully it'll be a positive meeting @youngshallgro. Perhaps they'll have put something in place to help your son manage better at school? Please do keep us updated. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness