Hi, my name is gypsycaril, I don't think I gave the right answer in my PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gypsycaril, I don't think I gave the right answer in my PIP assessment

Options
gypsycaril
gypsycaril Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had my pip assement yesterday.and right at the end she ask me a question .i dont think i give the right answer . Will this stope me getting pip

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry gals for us to say without knowing the question or answer ? 

There are no right or wrong answers its about how your condition affects your ability to do the tasks 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @gypsycaril

Not necessarily no, there's the rest of the assessment to consider. It's common to not be overly delighted with the answers you give, or to forget to mention certain points. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What was the question, if you don't mind me asking?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gypsycaril
    Options
    It was at the end if the assement i have fybromyalgia .fnd. ddd inmy back . I have hip and knee arthritis  and bilateral hip dysplasia.mental health issues . Sleep apenea.and i had a stroke 2 years ago . I have never claimed benefits before .its my first time . I have waited 6 month for the assesment .i am 64 year old . She went through evrthing .i did have evrything written down but didnt get chance to look at paperwork cos it was really qui ck each question.i am really struggling with lower back and cant get around . I also have numbness in my feet .i explained all of that .and she asked me when i go to the supermarket.and i cant find something would i ask for help or would i walk away .bearing in mind i tild her i dint do the shopping and i cant get around which is true .i said walk away .i didnt realise i said it until i put the phone down. I was just concentrating on answering the question . How stupid of me .sorry about the long post 
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    Options
    I got the same question about shopping if I do go how many aisle I can do I said due to my arthritis and my breathing problems I can do only half aisle and I go back home or stay in car then my daughter does shopping 
  • gypsycaril
    Options
    I dont do the shopping .but i answered her question as though i did .i was really nervous x
  • berry123
    Options
    @gypsycaril dont worry your assessment overall was positive
  • gypsycaril
    Options
  • gypsycaril
    Options
    I applied for pip last september.i just got my assement on thursday 4th march .dwp tx me yesterday to say they recieved the assement back .is that not good new when they recieved it so quick
  • berry123
    Options
    Hi just ring pip get copy of the report and you feel easy and calm

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.