Is the process for PIP and LCWRA the same? Does receiving PIP increase my chances? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is the process for PIP and LCWRA the same? Does receiving PIP increase my chances?

Options
Ct1scope
Ct1scope Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am currently receiving the standard daily living rate of pip and have moved into a supported housing accommodation when I moved in they sent me a letter saying I need to apply to get lcwra from the fit notes I was reviewing from my gp it’s now been atleast 3 months since my claim started I wanted to know if the process for pip and lcwra are the same will I need to go to a meeting are they just going to deny me and I will have to challenge it countless times also would receiving pip increase my chances or make it easier to get lcwra as I’m not receiving anywhere near as much support with this as I was with my pip claim and all of this is overwhelming for me as they make these processes so difficult to understand and follow I’ve also read that lcw is the lower form and you don’t receive any extra income from that so I’m confused on why I would need that if it’s not going to change my circumstances anyway? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    PIP and LCWRA are assessed differently so being entitled to PIP is not directly relevant to LCWRA.

Have you been sent the UC50 health form and returned it? That should have happened if you have been reporting Fit Notes for three months. If it hasn’t you need to chase it. If it has then the next stage will indeed be an assessment. At the moment these will be by phone.

The LCWRA assessment criteria are here. 
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/3904-limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

More information here 
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-assessments

As regards LCW, the significance of this is that by default UC claimants are assumed to be jobseekers but those found to have LCW are not required to look for work.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ct1scope
    Ct1scope Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    But as I’m on pip they said they don’t require me to look for work anyway? Or have I got that wrong it’s all very confusing
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ct1scope said:
    But as I’m on pip they said they don’t require me to look for work anyway? Or have I got that wrong it’s all very confusing
    Your work coach may have agreed to waive any work search requirement for the time being but that is a discretionary power. The outcome of the WCA will determine your long term UC requirements.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.