Hi, my name is Janepeters1971! Has anyone tried to have an agricultural tie removed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Janepeters1971! Has anyone tried to have an agricultural tie removed?

Options
Janepeters1971
Janepeters1971 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi has anyone tried to have an agricultural tie removed on buying a bungalow. I’m disabled and need to stay in area I’m familiar with and have support

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Janepeters1971 welcome to the forum, I don't have any knowledge on your question, but someone might soon
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Janepeters1971 :) Welcome to the community!

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our housing category so that other members can find it more easily.

This isn't something I'd come across before, but I found the following information on the Country Life website:
    It’s not all doom, however — it is possible to get the tie lifted, if you can prove that no one has been working in agriculture for the past 10 years. If the council agrees, it will issue a ‘certificate of lawfulness’, which means you’re no longer in breach of the condition. However, if it’s discovered you’re in breach before that time, you can be fined.

The tie could also be lifted if you’re selling the property and can demonstrate that there’s no longer any requirement for agricultural work on the holding and that there have been no prospective purchasers over a specified time limit, agreed with the council.

Another option may be to see if the council will accept other uses as fulfilling the tie. According to Mr Prince, planning-policy guidance has become much friendlier to horses: ‘Councils are increasingly prepared to extend an agricultural tie to equestrian use.’

Do you know if anyone has been working in agriculture for the past 10 years? Can you prove there's no longer any requirement for agricultural work?

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope there is a similar thing in my village but its to do with the church some houses that have been brought  if something happens and the church needs a repair the people who brought the houses have to pay a percentage of the repairs 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisathomas50 that seems really odd, what if the church needed a new roof it could cost them £000's each?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine I don't  know all the details  but that sort of thing happend the church sent letters to all the houses involved  and it is  in their deeds  to their houses but none of them questioned it the church is only allowed to ask once in a ten year span  the minimum is 500.00 and maximum 5.000 each house 

Apparently they can pay their way out of the agreement  or raise the money to pay the church 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it it looks like people bought the houses with out being fully aware of their possible obligations to fund the church once every ten years. So if their not church goers they will fill the coffers one way or another. The BIG print gives and the small print takes away read the whole contract, documents.

Brightness