PANIC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PANIC

kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
Keep havin panic attacks bout my pip renewal.Got text from DWP to say they have got the report n will b in touch.Am sure i will loose it even though nothings changed since last time only my MH is worse n now have slipped disc as well. I cant help keep worrying over it.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    You can now phone them and ask for a copy of the assessment report which will give you an idea of the award, the DWP DM usually (not always) goes with the report.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kes2611
    I lnow i stressing more cause i have post nasal drip causes by mould in my bedroom n i coughing more often.I just know they gonna stop it even though i filled out form very similar to my last one as disabilitys still the same. I wonder if i ask on phone if they will tell me if any points on it.They must b able to see it
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Try not to panic easy for me to say I know but why would you have such strong feelings you will lose your award 
  • kes2611
    Cause nothing good ever happens to me n i just know they will stop it.
  • woodbine
    kes2611 said:
    I lnow i stressing more cause i have post nasal drip causes by mould in my bedroom n i coughing more often.I just know they gonna stop it even though i filled out form very similar to my last one as disabilitys still the same. I wonder if i ask on phone if they will tell me if any points on it.They must b able to see it
    They can't tell you that as its not an award until a decision maker has looked at it and decided, but by requesting a copy of the assessment it will hopefully put your mind at rest.

• janer1967
    Sorry you feel like that maybe this will be a turning point 
  • woodbine
    kes2611 said:
    Cause nothing good ever happens to me n i just know they will stop it.
    Take a deep breath, you don't know what the outcome will be until you either get a copy of the assessment which would arrive 4/5 days after you ask for it, or until the DWP make a decision which can take upto 8 weeks.

• kes2611
    I just so depressed n no it gonna b stopped. 
  • kes2611
    I just spoke to pip to get copy of my report m she said there r no dots or anythin in form n DM mite not go with  report which i know.
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    @kes2611 dont assume hopefully when you get assessment report then see 
  • kes2611
    Am so depressed n fed up.When my pip stopped i can hopefully join my brother in heaven.I have lost all enjoyment in life or doing anything.Spend most days in bed.
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    @Kes1958 no decision made yet they not said no just calm down.
  • janer1967
    Hi again I understand how losing PIP can have a huge affect but try not to focus all your life around this decision . You hage the option to appeal the decision if it gets stopped 

It is a great financial help but it wont change your life

You need to get some help for your depression that is what will help you more 

Have you got any support or can you see your gp or contact mind or samaritans 

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I think you need to get the number for the crisis team in your area and use it if you experience any thoughts of harm. 

If your area has a talking therapies service or similar service you may want to self refer for your depression. 

There will be dots or ticks, the assessor needs to recommend their points for each activity. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.